$100 Carnival E-cards now on AARP

villagenut

This was such an awesome discovery. Thank you for sharing; I had no idea!

I got two $500 cards. Then returned a little later for two $100 cards. Hopefully tomorrow I'll try again. Enough for my cruise balance to be paid off & one card held in reserve for next cruise. Too great!

Looks like you can only by 2 per account. I came back the next day and was blocked from buying anymore.

Try clearing your cookies and go back and order, also check to ensure that you have enough AARP rewards points to redeem. Each $100 gift card also needs 2,000 points in order to buy. I bought 2 on Monday night and came back Wednesday morning for 1 more and had no problems.

Try clearing your cookies and go back and order, also check to ensure that you have enough AARP rewards points to redeem. Each $100 gift card also needs 2,000 points in order to buy. I bought 2 on Monday night and came back Wednesday morning for 1 more and had no problems.

Correction, each $100.00 gift card requires 1,000 points.

Just bought 2 $500 cards on the site. I had 6,000 pts for just joining and doing 3 or 4 quizzes. I needed 10,000 points to get 2 $500 cards. Quick tip-- skip the quizzes; scroll down and sign up for all the newsletters that say "Rewards for Good". I earned 6,000 immediate points in about 2 minutes. I plan to unsubscribe immediately. The cards available on the site right now. Choose the "email delivery" option and you receive them in you inbox right away. I saved $100. Win/win!

I don't see them on the gift card page, is there something I'm missing?

And also, how about the AMEX 20% discount.....where is that?

Thank you

Sherri

See my post #12 earlier in this thread with instructions to login and go to the AARP rewards pages.

As to the Amex offer, if you have an Amex card, login to your account and scroll down to the "Amex Offers and Benefits" section to see if that Amex offer is available to your card. If not, try this link to add the offer to your card:

http://www.americanexpress.com/wlcl

See my post #12 earlier in this thread with instructions to login and go to the AARP rewards pages.

As to the Amex offer, if you have an Amex card, login to your account and scroll down to the "Amex Offers and Benefits" section to see if that Amex offer is available to your card. If not, try this link to add the offer to your card:

www.americanexpress.com/wlcl

Thanks for this! I already bought the AARP cards. However, chances are I'm going to book another cruise before the year ends. I will be using that offer.

Did you get them yet? I found them under my "promotions" tab in gmail.

The confirmation came right to my inbox but the certificates themselves went to "promotions"

I bought 2 $100 ecards this morning and have yet to have them emailed to me!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did you get them yet? I found them under my "promotions" tab in gmail.

The confirmation came right to my inbox but the certificates themselves went to "promotions"

Yes. To my embarrassment, I typed gmail instead in hotmail! I got it straightened out though and received them immediately with the help of the rewards center! Silly me!![emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My cruise is in a week, can I buy these and apply them to my on board account to cover tips and purchases?

Yes you can but you will have to wait until you board to add them to your account - there's no way to create OBC using the gift cards prior to embarkation. Take the cards to Guest Service sometime after you board and have them applied; you may be able to add them at check-in so ask the agent. You can also try the kiosks on-board but the success rate reported here on CC in doing that is about 50-50.

Yes you can but you will have to wait until you board to add them to your account - there's no way to create OBC using the gift cards prior to embarkation. Take the cards to Guest Service sometime after you board and have them applied; you may be able to add them at check-in so ask the agent. You can also try the kiosks on-board but the success rate reported here on CC in doing that is about 50-50.

FWIW - I've had more success using the kiosks with the E gift cards than I have physical gift cards. I only end up taking them to Guest Services about 20 % of the time.

FWIW - I've had more success using the kiosks with the E gift cards than I have physical gift cards. I only end up taking them to Guest Services about 20 % of the time.

That is good to hear - anything to avoid the GS line. From reading all the gift card threads, I was guessing it was about 50-50 so thanks for the feedback. ;)

Just wondering about applying these gift cards towards a balance due when the cruise was booked through an online agency. I know it shouldn't matter but I wanted an answer before I confirm the order and they aren't open today for me to call and ask.

Thanks

Sherri