"Cruising/Snoozing" signs?

I Luv Crusin

They are now only Snoozin signs. Probably because people were turning them around on others causing quite a few upset guests. It's not that big of a deal, though. Put the Snoozin sign out when you don't want to be bothered and remove it when you're out of your cabin.

I think it's becoming more of a standard for both hotels and cruise ships as my hotel had the same Do Not Disturb on both sides of the door hangar. No more "Please make up the room" option. Here's an older thread on the Snoozin subject and a pic I took at the Hampton Inn in October. They actually had it in August so it's been out for at least a little while.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2547398&highlight=snoozin+signs

4e2a7410f39c93b09711b58b4d8f1298.jpg

0c60ca87da9a2217a151e9a27d6bafa9.jpg

FWIW some land based hotel chains report they removed the " Please make up room" on advice of legal counsel. Guests whose rooms were burglarized with the "please make up room" sign on the door received higher claim awards against the hotels using the "well you told me to do this and see what happened to me" logic for litigation purposes. I'm only relaying what I read.

A Magic 8 Ball hanging on the door knob would work just as well: "not yet" "soon" "maybe later" Would you like to be burgled?

flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg

Edited by sanmarcosman

Our use of the "Snoozin;" sign on the Dream in September was met with persistent knocking from the room steward on 3 occasions. Twice we were asleep. That's not service. That's interruption of a vacation. It's not that we hadn't left the cabin so he was mandated to check for our continued well-being - we were very clear with him to make up our cabin twice each day. We told him when we would leave for breakfast, return to dress for dinner and return at the end of the evening and we stuck to that routine. Yet our cabin steward failed miserably. Rarely made up our room. We had to seek him out to get fresh towels. Bed went unmade. Not impressed at all. This steward was, by far, the worst out of 8 cruises. Didn't leave any extra tip for him. He didn't serve us even marginally well.

But the steward doesn't know when we are gone from the cabin.

They are up and down the hall in their area constantly. When they see the snoozing sign is gone if they are ready to clean your cabin they will knock before they come in to clean. If your in the cabin either or the snoozing sign up and/or keep the door locked if you don't want to be bothered. There is no need to hunt down them down to tell them you are leaving, just leave. It really is no an issue.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

Kinda makes me glad I took one of the signs home before they changed it to Snoozin' only. :cool:

I thought this was the reason they pulled them but the CD said that people walking in the halls would switch the signs from snoozing to cruising and caused some issues.

They are up and down the hall in their area constantly. When they see the snoozing sign is gone if they are ready to clean your cabin they will knock before they come in to clean. If your in the cabin either or the snoozing sign up and/or keep the door locked if you don't want to be bothered. There is no need to hunt down them down to tell them you are leaving, just leave. It really is no an issue.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

But it WAS an issue when I was gone before they got on the deck and when I came back they wanted to clean my cabin. With the increase of the number of cabins to clean I did not want to delay them further by having them come back even later!