$470 to upgrade to cove balcony from interior?

landsear

Is this worth it? It would be deck 2 on the Vista. I'm not even quite sure what a cove balcony is compared to a regular one lol.

Whether or not it's "worth it" depends entirely on you. If you're cruising on a tight budget, and have booked an interior cabin based solely on what you can afford, then spending an extra $470.00 is probably not a good idea. There are several videos posted on Youtube of cove balcony cabins. Even though you'll see videos of cabins on the different ships that have them, and the decor will differ, you'll at least get an idea of what they're like. If you like what you see, and can afford the upgrade, then go for it. If not, then be happy with your current choice and enjoy your cruise.

If I were you, I'd hold off for now and wait for another offer... I received an offer to upgrade from inside to balcony (also Vista) for about $350. A few weeks later I received another for $150, and jumped on it.

As most said, it depends on you. I would question why you didn't see the value in it before.

For my first cruise, I was told by everyone I HAD to get a balcony room. As soon as I rushed into my room, we ran to the balcony. What a great view. Sat out there a little bit, especially during the beginning. It was beautiful. Didn't use it a whole lot though.

Second cruise, decided to try an interior cabin. Didn't miss the balcony at all. Saved hundreds. There are plenty of areas on the boat to go to if you want to see water. Decided I would rather do two interior room cruises per year instead of one balcony.

While I do love a Cove Balcony, I would pass. We are doing an “interior” (4J so has a window) for the first time in March. The difference in price between the two is $600 which means way more spending money (i.e. alcohol:rolleyes:) so I’m bypassing the balcony. With you saving almost $500, is it more important to have that $500 for other things? Or a “private” view of the water?

Is your inside on the same deck? My inside is on Lido deck, so we will get to experience what it’s like being closer to most of the amenities.

Now if it was $480 for a Havana room I’d probably take it. ;)

I personally won’t even sail if it’s an inside cabin so I would consider the upgrade. I don’t necessarily need a balcony (as others mentioned, I don’t use it enough) but I definitely want some natural light and the ability to see whats going on outside, so an Oceanview is my personal preference. Plus on Carnival you get considerably more square footage between an inside and an Oceanview stateroom which adds a sitting area with a sofa.

If the difference in price between an Oceanview and a balcony is minimal, I’ll bump up to a balcony but otherwise I’m perfectly happy with an Oceanview stateroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is this worth it? It would be deck 2 on the Vista. I'm not even quite sure what a cove balcony is compared to a regular one lol.

For years a rule of thumb for us was $100 pp to go from an inside to an OV and another $100pp to get a balcony.

I think that more or less hold true today (except on Alaska Cruises, holiday cruises and RCCL’s Oasis class ships there they have balconies for $200 more than insides but they face inside.)

So I don’t see this as a great deal - just an opportunity to rethink the decision you made when you booked. Nothing wrong with re-thinking it at the request of the cruiseline. But don’t do it because you think it’s a great deal, it’s not.

As most said, it depends on you. I would question why you didn't see the value in it before.

For my first cruise, I was told by everyone I HAD to get a balcony room. As soon as I rushed into my room, we ran to the balcony. What a great view. Sat out there a little bit, especially during the beginning. It was beautiful. Didn't use it a whole lot though.

Second cruise, decided to try an interior cabin. Didn't miss the balcony at all. Saved hundreds. There are plenty of areas on the boat to go to if you want to see water. Decided I would rather do two interior room cruises per year instead of one balcony.

Just us but last few times we have had balconies didnt really use it that much as we were out and about most of the time. We do leave bathroom light on with door closed as night lite when we are in the cabin with lights off.

Whether or not it's "worth it" depends entirely on you. If you're cruising on a tight budget, and have booked an interior cabin based solely on what you can afford, then spending an extra $470.00 is probably not a good idea. There are several videos posted on Youtube of cove balcony cabins. Even though you'll see videos of cabins on the different ships that have them, and the decor will differ, you'll at least get an idea of what they're like. If you like what you see, and can afford the upgrade, then go for it. If not, then be happy with your current choice and enjoy your cruise.

Well said! Thank you .

If I were you, I'd hold off for now and wait for another offer... I received an offer to upgrade from inside to balcony (also Vista) for about $350. A few weeks later I received another for $150, and jumped on it.

Did you decline the offer or let it ride? I mean not answer the email.

I just deleted the email after looking at the cabin options and cost... I actually received another offer yesterday to move to a higher deck for $48 or a spa balcony for $150. I'm happy with my current location.

Did you decline the offer or let it ride? I mean not answer the email.

I got an email yesterday we declined 'upgrade' interior with french door 2 decks down. I called and the ship is not even 1/2 full its early ut hopegully upgrade fairy will come back with something better