No response from Value Trips

judie43

I booked via value trips last November for a November 2018 stay. After 7 days with no contact, I called them. Could only leave message. Day or two later, again no response so I called again with the same result. Eventually after no response from value trips, I called the hotel directly. Reservation was confirmed but for a higher price than booked. Again contacted value trips and still no call back. May have made one or two further attempts. Contacted the hotel again and issue was resolved. Was told I could cancel the reservation directly via the hotel which is good to know.

Other than an email received 3 weeks after original booking date, value trips never responded to any of my contacts be it phone or email.

Call the hotel yourself and confirm the reservation and price.

I’m curious about the hotel confirming your reservation, but at a higher price. When Value Trips finally contacted you via email, did they tell you about the higher price? Doesn’t Value Trips have some sort of obligation to come through with the price that they stated on the web site? I wonder if this is common with Value Trips.

I’m curious about the hotel confirming your reservation, but at a higher price. When Value Trips finally contacted you via email, did they tell you about the higher price? Doesn’t Value Trips have some sort of obligation to come through with the price that they stated on the web site? I wonder if this is common with Value Trips.

When I first called the hotel, they confirmed my reservation booked through value trips but at a higher price than booked. Value trips only sent an email (after I had confirmed with the hotel) confirming the original booking and price. Never was able to speak with a value rep about the price discrepancy. On second call to the hotel, the price issue was resolved but with no input from value trips.

I will never use value trips again due to their terrible customer service but the booking at the original price is confirmed.

I just received my confirmation email from Value Trips. It was exactly one week since I applied online. I will call the hotel tomorrow to make sure everything is correct.

I called the Hyatt Place this morning to confirm the reservation. Everything is OK. I am confirmed for the date and the price that Value Trips stated.

This seems to have worked for me. I hope everyone else gets the room that they want and at the correct price.

Good luck to everyone!

• 4 months later...

Don't know if this is recent enough... I made online reservation on 3/28/2018 and got confirmation email on 4/25/2018. About 3 wks after reservation, I call Hyatt directly and the agent verified my reservation and gave me the confirmation number for my reservation. Did not try to contact Value Trips directly.

It took over 4 weeks for our confirmation to come through for a one night stay in December 2018 recently (booked on 7 or 8 May, confirmation early June) - by that point I had emailed Hyatt Place directly (email from their Facebook page) and got the confirmation that way

• 1 year later...

I have been waiting myself for over 3 weeks for valuetrips to return my emails. Just got off the phone with hotel and no reservation found. I have booked with valuetrips before, but never actually ended up staying at hotel. Either my plans changed or whatever. Previously, I was able to call the hotel and get the confirmation number myself and able to cancel etc as needed. It would be nice if they did have (better) communication as I am not finding a decent hotel for as cheap as they are offering.  I will let you know if they ever email me back.

55 minutes ago, familyoutdoors said:

I have been waiting myself for over 3 weeks for valuetrips to return my emails. Just got off the phone with hotel and no reservation found. I have booked with valuetrips before, but never actually ended up staying at hotel. Either my plans changed or whatever. Previously, I was able to call the hotel and get the confirmation number myself and able to cancel etc as needed. It would be nice if they did have (better) communication as I am not finding a decent hotel for as cheap as they are offering.  I will let you know if they ever email me back.

Don't be discouraged...keep checking with the hotel. I understand that ValueTrips can be slow and tends to send many reservations to the hotel in one group. The wait as you know for their pricing is worth it. However have you also tried joining the hotel as a member and check the rates directly?

I made another booking with ValueTrips for my post cruise in October for the Hyatt Place and when I checked...booking it directly with Hyatt was a few dollars cheaper and came with the added breakfast that used to be included with the ValueTrips reservation.

• Haha 1

Others have mentioned this before, adding your Hyatt number to the comment section when booking on the valuetrips site seems to help. I booked my room on a Saturday night a couple weeks ago and saw it in my Hyatt account on the Hyatt website by Tuesday night, 2 business days.  I never got an email confirmation from valuetrips and I checked my spam folder.

Thanks for the information about Value Trips not confirming your reservation quickly. I will call the Hyatt Place to confirm. I'm wondering if I would be able to add an extra night at the same price quoted through Value Trips. Anyone have experience with this? Thanks for your help!

4 hours ago, chaching said:

Thanks for the information about Value Trips not confirming your reservation quickly. I will call the Hyatt Place to confirm. I'm wondering if I would be able to add an extra night at the same price quoted through Value Trips. Anyone have experience with this? Thanks for your help!

Depends on occupancy and the individual policy of that Hyatt Place.  Best I can say.  I'll extend a day and usually match the price of a guest if it's a slow day.  But, if someone has paid $89/night through a 3rd party and my rate on my computer is $225/night, I better have a good excuse for my revenue manager if I match that $89!    That said, it doesn't hurt to call the hotel and nicely ask.  If you end up making a second reservation to get the lower price, be sure you call the hotel and tell them you have 2 different reservations and you would like to stay in the same room if at all possible.  Depending on how the room blocker works, she may not see anything that indicates you have 2 reservations back-to-back.

On 7/2/2019 at 2:06 PM, chaching said:

FWIW, I submitted our "application" to Valuetrips on June 18, for one night in mid-November. No response as usual, so I sent them a follow-up Email yesterday through their website, and received the standard apology Email back today, saying "Delayed due to email delivery issues. We apologize for any inconvenience." Our reservation is supposed to be confirmed, but I will of course be calling the hotel in the coming days to confirm. 

We have used VT in the past and never had any issues. This time, we requested a reservation in February for late November, got an email confirmation a week later. Then, on May 31, I sent in another request to add another night (the night before I already had). Late June, no reply. I sent an email, nothing. I made a new request right after that, crickets. Sent another email early in July, nary a peep.

Today, after no word and waiting about 6 weeks, I called Hyatt Place. Yep, they have 2 nights for us, under the same confirmation number! Even got their conf #, in addition to VT confirmation #.

Also, our reservation says it does not qualify for reward points (or whatever they call it). And, when I called the hotel in mid-June, to see if I could just add the night without VT help, they said no. Just my experience, YMMV.

I love VT but they sure make it hard.:classic_smile:

8 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

We have used VT in the past and never had any issues. This time, we requested a reservation in February for late November, got an email confirmation a week later. Then, on May 31, I sent in another request to add another night (the night before I already had). Late June, no reply. I sent an email, nothing. I made a new request right after that, crickets. Sent another email early in July, nary a peep.

Today, after no word and waiting about 6 weeks, I called Hyatt Place. Yep, they have 2 nights for us, under the same confirmation number! Even got their conf #, in addition to VT confirmation #.

Also, our reservation says it does not qualify for reward points (or whatever they call it). And, when I called the hotel in mid-June, to see if I could just add the night without VT help, they said no. Just my experience, YMMV.

I love VT but they sure make it hard.:classic_smile:

Where does this info show up in the reservation? I've checked our VT Email confirmation, as well as the booking details in our Hyatt account on the Hyatt website, and I can't find any mention of this. Thanks.

10 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Where does this info show up in the reservation? I've checked our VT Email confirmation, as well as the booking details in our Hyatt account on the Hyatt website, and I can't find any mention of this. Thanks.

When I called their reservation folks (Hyatt not at 17th st), they found the VT res and that it had been extended 1 night. They sent me an email with a bunch of info and:

Number of Adults: 2

Number of Children: 0

Room(s) Booked: 1

Room Type: 
- 2 DOUBLE BEDS

Room Description: 
- Hyatt Grand Bed:Cozy Corner sofa-sleeper Free WIFI:42in TV

Nightly Rate per Room:  

November 21 - November 22 – 159.00 US DOLLARS

Type of Rate:  VALUETRIPS

Rate Information:  Rate is not eligible to earn points or tier credit.

31 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

When I called their reservation folks (Hyatt not at 17th st), they found the VT res and that it had been extended 1 night. They sent me an email with a bunch of info and:

Number of Adults: 2

Number of Children: 0

Room(s) Booked: 1

Room Type: 
- 2 DOUBLE BEDS

Room Description: 
- Hyatt Grand Bed:Cozy Corner sofa-sleeper Free WIFI:42in TV

Nightly Rate per Room:  

November 21 - November 22 – 159.00 US DOLLARS

Type of Rate:  VALUETRIPS

Rate Information:  Rate is not eligible to earn points or tier credit.

Our Hyatt reservation shown on their website also calls ours a Valuetrips rate as well, but makes no mention of the points ineligibility. Under "Rate Rules" it only says:

Valuetrips
Deposit Policy
Credit Card Guarantee Required
Cancellation Policy
To Avoid 1 Night Fee Cancel 48hours Prior To

Still, the rate is so low, it probably does not confer points.

6 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Still, the rate is so low, it probably does not confer points.

Yes, the rate is good. I am going to ask them about my reward # when we check in. Maybe I'll get someone new who doesn't know we aren't supposed to get points :classic_biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

I received an email from them last week stating that the reservation is "too far out" and I will have to rebook in September. I believe it is because the rates will be increasing and they couldn't give me those good rates. Ugh! I will try again in September.

Cha-CHING!