Harbor Lights

cruisefar

Spent the day at Harbor Lights last week. Loved it!! Beautiful beach, great chairs, great staff!! Our favorite stop this cruise!! I was concerned after reading some negative reviews. Nothing to worry about!!!!:cool:

Spent the day at Harbor Lights last week. Loved it!! Beautiful beach, great chairs, great staff!! Our favorite stop this cruise!! I was concerned after reading some negative reviews. Nothing to worry about!!!!:cool:

How were the vendors on the beach? When we were there a couple of years ago, they were protesting against Harbor Lights and fighting amongst themselves. HL had "Security" there, but still was a bit uncomfortable.

Thanks.

Karen

• 2 weeks later...
I was there last week, and I loved it. $20 pp got us a chair, umbrella, and snorkeling in the shipwreck and with turtles/sting rays. Great beach. Good facility.

Do we need to buy day passes or anything before we go ?

I was there last week, and I loved it. $20 pp got us a chair, umbrella, and snorkeling in the shipwreck and with turtles/sting rays. Great beach. Good facility.

That sounds like a good deal! We were there a couple years ago and paid for our chairs and umbrella and then another $20 each for the boat to and from the turtle snorkel. Thought it was a decent deal back then considering how much some were paying for big catamarans to take them to the same spot. Now, to get the boat trip included with the chairs/umbrella fee I'm thinking that's what we'll do when we're back in January. We prefer the HL area over Boatyard for the quieter vibe. Was a cheap beach day, especially if you walk there and cab back!

We prebooked and paid online prior to our cruise in September 2017. However we got caught up in the hurricanes and some of our ports of call were cancelled. Barbados was one of them because we'd have had to cross the path of one of the hurricanes to get to it. I emailed Harbor Lights from the ship when we found out we weren't going to Barbados, just as a matter of courtesy to let them know we wouldn't be arriving. I was very pleasantly surprised to receive a reply the same day to say that they'd processed a refund back to my credit card and hoped to see us on a future visit. I really didn't expect a refund and they didn't have to do that as it wasn't their fault. We're on another Caribbean cruise in January 2019 and will certainly rebook with them.

We prebooked and paid online prior to our cruise in September 2017. However we got caught up in the hurricanes and some of our ports of call were cancelled. Barbados was one of them because we'd have had to cross the path of one of the hurricanes to get to it. I emailed Harbor Lights from the ship when we found out we weren't going to Barbados, just as a matter of courtesy to let them know we wouldn't be arriving. I was very pleasantly surprised to receive a reply the same day to say that they'd processed a refund back to my credit card and hoped to see us on a future visit. I really didn't expect a refund and they didn't have to do that as it wasn't their fault. We're on another Caribbean cruise in January 2019 and will certainly rebook with them.

What did you prebook? We've never had to prepay or prebook to use the facilities at Harbour Lights. Maybe you're thinking of something/where else? What cruise are you taking in Jan? We're on the Reflection leaving Ft. Lauderdale Jan 4.

Cathy

We'd booked two loungers and a parasol at the sea edge. They put reserved signs on them until you arrive. We didn't have to prebook them but we wanted to make sure we had a good position on the beach.

We'll be back on the Celebrity Silhouette sailing from Fort Lauderdale on 19th January.

• 2 weeks later...
Does the boat to see the turtles have snorkel gear and life jackets? Also how much is taxi there and back?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes - they have gear available, including life jackets (required when I took the tour), Taxi each way will run about $5 per person.