$100 Carnival E-cards now on AARP

villagenut

You get a 10% discount. So for instance a $100 gift card for $90. I was able to purchase a $500 and two $100 so it saved me $70!

I got the hard cards then called my travel agent with the numbers off the card and they then called Carnival and had them applied. Was very easy. The hard cards did have shipping but it was about 67 cents.

Carnival only. AARP is also selling cards for Royal Caribbean but I'm not sure they work the same way.

Look for Rewards for Good on the AARP website for details.

No they don't. In fact, RCI's are gift "certificates" and have a fair number of restrictions unlike the Carnival gift cards.

I check all the time, and especially when people post that they are there. Aarp site is difficult to navigate and I don't know if I'm looking in the wrong place or if they are just always sold out when I look. It's very frustrating.

I usually just search "gift card" and see things like Lord & Taylor and Amazon.... Is that the right spot?

I check all the time, and especially when people post that they are there. Aarp site is difficult to navigate and I don't know if I'm looking in the wrong place or if they are just always sold out when I look. It's very frustrating.

I usually just search "gift card" and see things like Lord & Taylor and Amazon.... Is that the right spot?

I am assuming you have a login account with AARP (not necessarily a member of AARP)? If so, on the aarp.org home page, if you login to your account you will see near the top right a "Rewards for Good" link which takes you to the page for their rewards including gift cards. From there you can browse the rewards catalog and use your points to put towards gift cards.

I am assuming you have a login account with AARP (not necessarily a member of AARP)? If so, on the aarp.org home page, if you login to your account you will see near the top right a "Rewards for Good" link which takes you to the page for their rewards including gift cards. From there you can browse the rewards catalog and use your points to put towards gift cards.

Thank you! Finally found it, and got 2! (I'm assuming from another poster that 2 is the max at one time.)

Forgive my ignorance and stupidity. I just got 2 of the $100 E Gift Cards e mail delivery but not sure how to apply it to my Carnival account. Do you have to buy something on Carnival to use them or can I just place the $200 somewhere in my Carnival account to use at a later time? I'm looking on the Carnival site but not finding anything or a place where I can "load" them. Again sorry if this is obvious and i'm just being dumb lol.

Never mind to the previous post. I figured it out and bought the CHEERS package using the 2 $100 gift cards and my credit card for the $29.77 balance.

These AARP gift cards are a great deal. It gives me Cheers for just $52/day for my 4 day cruise. I'm very happy. :)

I just bought two as well. Saving up for my cruise late next year since they have no expiration.

Oh! So you can just hang onto the e mail of the Gift Cards for as long as you like and just apply them on Carnival's website whenever you're ready to use them? I didn't know that, but wanted to make sure those e cards worked so I went straight to Carnival to apply them because i've read stories of e mail cards not working. Though I know AARP is very reputable, I didn't want to take chances.

I would've got the Cheers package anyway so this just saves $20 bucks off it.

Does anyone know if you can you pre pay your gratuities and buy Cruise Cash with these gift cards too? If so, i'll get another $100 one and use $52 for the gratuities and the rest for the Cruise Cash.

Oh! So you can just hang onto the e mail of the Gift Cards for as long as you like and just apply them on Carnival's website whenever you're ready to use them? I didn't know that, but wanted to make sure those e cards worked so I went straight to Carnival to apply them because i've read stories of e mail cards not working. Though I know AARP is very reputable, I didn't want to take chances.

I would've got the Cheers package anyway so this just saves $20 bucks off it.

Does anyone know if you can you pre pay your gratuities and buy Cruise Cash with these gift cards too? If so, i'll get another $100 one and use $52 for the gratuities and the rest for the Cruise Cash.

Yes to both, although I think the cruise cash would be in specific intervals although I have never bought it, so I am not honestly sure. I just know you can use the gift cards for funshop purchases, so there should be no issues. The prepaid gratuities just add to your cruise balance, so you would pay those the same way you pay for your cruise. Whatever you do not use, you can add the day you embark at GS.

Yes to both, although I think the cruise cash would be in specific intervals although I have never bought it, so I am not honestly sure. I just know you can use the gift cards for funshop purchases, so there should be no issues. The prepaid gratuities just add to your cruise balance, so you would pay those the same way you pay for your cruise. Whatever you do not use, you can add the day you embark at GS.

I didn't know that. I see now how that works on the website. I currently have $50 balance left to pay on the cruise and when I click the blue link saying "add" next to gratuities, in my booking it then becomes a $102 balance.

I'll just get the $100 gift card and just use the whole thing for that and throw the 2 bucks needed on a CC and be all done. So won't even bother with the cruise cash now.

Yeah!! Finally got some, been looking and was never able to find. This post helped a great deal. Says I could only buy 2 - $100 cards. Is there a way to get more at some point? Thanks again

I've not tried this but I "think" the limit is two cards per transaction. If so, then theoretically you could get two more in a separate transaction. Perhaps someone can confirm or refute this.

I just tried again to get a couple more and it will not let me. I don't even see any $500 cards. Wonder if you have to earn points to get more??? If anybody knows how you can get more the information would be appreciated. Thank you!

I just tried again to get a couple more and it will not let me. I don't even see any $500 cards. Wonder if you have to earn points to get more??? If anybody knows how you can get more the information would be appreciated. Thank you!

You need 1,000 points per $100 card. Do you have enough points for more?