National Car Rental from Port Canaveral

bobmacliberty

We have a late flight out of MCO after our cruise from Port Canaveral. I'm interested in renting a car (rather than taking a shared shuttle) so that we can spend time in the Orlando area rather than waiting 6+ hours in the airport. I have a car reserved at National. I have a couple of questions:

1. It looks like the National location is about a 10-15 minute walk from the Royal Caribbean terminal. I'm thinking that walking may be an option rather than fighting for a National Shuttle. Has anyone made this walk (with rolling luggage?) who can comment on how easy it is?

2. I've read about problems waiting for a car until someone headed out on the next cruise drops one that morning. Anyone have experience, good or bad, with National car availability on a turn around day?

Thanks

The main Enterprise-National-Alamo building is closest to the terminals just to west of the Exploration Tower at the Terminal B complex. If someone can watch your luggage at B1 while you return/pick the vehicle, you can easily and safely walk to the building from terminal B1 – it is only 0.5 miles! You can pick/drop your family in front of Grills Restaurant.

Can you pull your luggage over there? Sure because it is flat and safe however it is all up to you if you can handle the distance (and weather on that day).

Enterprise Plus, National Emerald Club and Alamo Insider services are available but you must stop at the counter and show your driver’s license to get your preprinted contract and keys.

After Hours drop-off is available.

Enterprise-National-Alamo2.jpg

The main Enterprise-National-Alamo building is closest to the terminals just to west of the Exploration Tower at the Terminal B complex. If someone can watch your luggage at B1 while you return/pick the vehicle, you can easily and safely walk to the building from terminal B1 – it is only 0.5 miles! You can pick/drop your family in front of Grills Restaurant.

Can you pull your luggage over there? Sure because it is flat and safe however it is all up to you if you can handle the distance (and weather on that day).

Enterprise Plus, National Emerald Club and Alamo Insider services are available but you must stop at the counter and show your driver’s license to get your preprinted contract and keys.

After Hours drop-off is available.

Enterprise-National-Alamo2.jpg

Great idea to pick up the family by Grills. Thanks. Any experience with availability of vehicles on a Sunday morning with multiple ships disembarking?

August 5-12. Return on a Sunday.
A 15 minute walk that time of year is usually brutal. Add in lugging pounds of luggage. Blech. I'd uber if the shuttle takes that long over ending my vacation walking in the heat. And yes it'll be hot that early.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk