NCL Ultimate Beverage Package

KiwiTraveller1

As I understand it the gratuity will be added to the cost of the cabin,taxes and port fees all to be paid before boarding. At final payment Your "On Board Account" will be charged for the dining & cabin attendants gratuities plus any other things you may purchase. If you had already paid for your cruise in full when you were given the "Free Perk" then I expect the gratuities for the drink package would show up on the "On Board Account".

I just booked from the UK. It states in NCL.CO.UKs terms and conditions that the 18% charge is included in the offer.

"Applicable to guests 1-2 on the reservation. Guest must be at least 21 years of age at time of sailing to qualify for the Ultimate Beverage Package. Guests under 21 will receive the soda package. Variety of spirits and cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to $15. Includes fountain soda and juice, and non-alcoholic beer. Ultimate beverage package option includes 18% gratuity on the package. A 20% discount will be given on bottles of wine (champagne and sparkling included) purchased on board, Applicable taxes, US and VAT may apply based on certain destinations. Does not apply to the Ice Bars. Does not include room service, package sales, bottled water, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated super premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, fresh squeezed juices, Lavazza coffee beverages, wine dispenser, energy drinks or vending machines."

The UBP is on my invoice as non-chargeable.

The only other item is my prepaid service charge (standard automatic gratuities not for the UBP).

Hope this helps:)

Edited by llollipoppi

As I understand it the gratuity will be added to the cost of the cabin,taxes and port fees all to be paid before boarding. At final payment Your "On Board Account" will be charged for the dining & cabin attendants gratuities plus any other things you may purchase. If you had already paid for your cruise in full when you were given the "Free Perk" then I expect the gratuities for the drink package would show up on the "On Board Account".

The Beverage service charge/gratuity and dining service charge will be added to your final payment amount. The DSC (auto gratuity) is not added to your final payment. That charge will be added to your folio, or you may pay it ahead of time online.

If you had already paid for your cruise in full when you were given the "Free Perk" then I expect the gratuities for the drink package would show up on the "On Board Account".
I don't think this has ever happened to anyone. If the 18% is due on the free UBP, they will make you pay it before the cruise. If the perk is somehow added after final payment (I can think of very few circumstances under which this could happen), they will make you pay the service charge right away. It's like most other things that you might add to your booking after final payment: you pay up front, they don't wait to bill you on board.

• 9 months later...
We will be doing the Baltic cruise in August, to buy the unlimited beverage package is cheaper or more expensive on board than buying it together with the cruise?

What most people here are talking about is the UBP that they pick as a "perk" when they buy the cruise -- all you pay for the perk is the 18% gratuities for the package. If you are buying it separately or on board, I believe it is $79 per day per person.

What most people here are talking about is the UBP that they pick as a "perk" when they buy the cruise -- all you pay for the perk is the 18% gratuities for the package. If you are buying it separately or on board, I believe it is $79 per day per person.

Unless outside the USA then there are no gratuities to pay

• 3 months later...
With the NCL UBP, is their a waiting time between drinks like there is on Carnival. If so, how long is the wait? Asking because I like to drink shots with a beer chaser. Thanks.

No wait.

Beer and a shot... no issue whatsoever.

Ian,

Not aware of this rule.

https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/beverage-packages

Also, not aware of any cruises that are totally within the USA. Perhaps the Hawaii cruise on POA.

I have been on 15 cruises (ocean) and ALL of them were outside the USA.

We booked a NCL Dawn cruise from Boston to Quebec City for next year. We didn't want to pay the outrageous gratuities for the beverage package (no other cruise line charges this), so we accepted another bennie.

The wine selections on the beverage package is very poor.

When you read the message isdoo quoted it's obivious that they referred to UBP promo.

One only pays the gratuity of 18% of the retail price ($79 pppd) even when the package itself is "free" when booking through US office - for example bookings through UK or CE/EU offices do not pay that because of the marketing regulations in EU (if one advertises something as "free", there can not be any cost involved getting the "free" item).

When you read the message isdoo quoted it's obivious that they referred to UBP promo.

One only pays the gratuity of 18% of the retail price ($79 pppd) even when the package itself is "free" when booking through US office - for example bookings through UK or CE/EU offices do not pay that because of the marketing regulations in EU (if one advertises something as "free", there can not be any cost involved getting the "free" item).

That is correct. Have booked cruises from NCL EU office and as well from US Travel Agent. On all situations I have got free UBP as a "perk". For bookings done from EU I haven't paid any service charge. For US TA bookings it has been added to the invoice.

Anyone know if the District Brewhouse has flights and are they included in The UBP?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

Yes, they have beer flights. No, they are not included in the UBP. You solve this by ordering full size. If you don't like it, move on the the next by ordering something different.

Ian,

Not aware of this rule.

https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/beverage-packages

Also, not aware of any cruises that are totally within the USA. Perhaps the Hawaii cruise on POA.

I have been on 15 cruises (ocean) and ALL of them were outside the USA.

We booked a NCL Dawn cruise from Boston to Quebec City for next year. We didn't want to pay the outrageous gratuities for the beverage package (no other cruise line charges this), so we accepted another bennie.

The wine selections on the beverage package is very poor.

This thread is almost 5 years old, and none of the information except the last 2 or 3 posts is still accurate.

This thread should be closed.