Escape - Live 1/30

TheDougOut

Doug, will you be live reviewing again?

I honestly haven't decided yet, as my upcoming cruise is a merged repeat of my two prior threads. It's the Escape ship on the Western Caribbean itinerary, which I covered on "Dawn - Live 11/27".

I'll probably fire up a thread if I feel there's something new to share. But if I get the sense that I'll just be going through the motions, I'll hold off for something new. And there's quite a bit of "new" on my horizon... Harmony of the Seas (my first RC), Bliss inaugural, Bliss Mexican Riviera, Celebrity Edge (suite life!), Symphony of the Seas... and maybe an MSC Seaside and Virgin Voyages mixed in.

Enjoy your solo September cruise! I'd love to try out the studio experience, but a certain significant other has made it clear that I'll never cruise alone. :rolleyes:

Truly heartwarming ....glad you shared!

Doug, Let me just say thanks for this hall of fame review. Cruising was very much a bitter sweet thing for us. My Mom & stepdad went on about 25 cruises during their 35 yrs together. We lost my stepdad in the summer of 2012. The next March my mom wanted to introduce our entire family to their passion. So a group of 11 of us did a 7 day on Carnival Freedom western route. While we had a great time, it just didn't feel like our thing. Sadly we lost Mom in Sept of 2014. She was a cruise critic junkie, took me a while to come back to these boards and lurk around.

Stumbled on your review around Christmas of 16 and was hooked, I probably read it 2 or 3 times, insisted my wife read it and then my brother. Wife read through it and was just amazed in the different experience "wandering" around the ship vicariously through your report.

After debating and planning we found that the May 6-13 Escape would be our family adventure this year. While originally my brother and his family were gonna come along some scheduling and financial conflicts happened and they were unable to join us. It ended up being just me and the wife and our 17 & 7 yr old girls. Although the weather in St. Thomas & Tortola didn't turn out all that well, it was indeed an amazing trip that will never be forgotten. Was able to catch a few sunrises & sunsets from our balcony, just me enjoying the serenity of the open ocean and really feeling my mom their with me.

Sorry for this lengthy post, I left you a beer sitting on the counter at "home" a couple of nights. Thanks again, It turns out Cruising IS our thing as well. Booked the Escape again for spring break next year!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm waaaay late to the party, but very much enjoyed it anyways. Thanks for the awesome reporting. Hubby and I will be Escaping in December, looking forward to paying tribute to you once we get "home".

Oh and I notice that you said Harmony is in your future, if it's in March of next year I'll be looking for you :)

• 4 weeks later...
My phone is honestly showing 4:38pm right now. I have to stop and think each time I post a time. I wouldn't be surprised if I accidentally travel back in time at some point tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Try sailing in March...where you are set to arrive back in Miami on the morning after spring forward when you go to sleep & you are something like two time zones over...and you were unsure of exactly which time zone you are in when looking at any clock on the ship...disembarkation time was REALLY confusing!! I think we spent 2 or 3 hours thinking about it after a sea day spent drinking...good times!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 year later...