For those who’ve been in BOTH a mini suite and a deluxe balcony on Regal or Royal.

h-sar

If a bathtub and two TV’s are not priorities, is it worth it to upgrade from a deluxe to a mini for $187 per person? There are three of us in the cabin.

We don’t tend to spend much time in our cabin. Just received an upsell offer via my travel agent for our New Year’s cruise and wondering if this would be worth the extra $$. Hoping for some feedback from those who have been in both. Thank you.

We’ve been in both several times, but only as a party of two. I think the mini would be preferable since you have a third person. It is nice to have the extra seating area and extra drawer space. The seating area is separated by a curtain that can be drawn for privacy when needed. We did the paid upgrade from deluxe balcony to mini early last year for $129 pp. it was worth it to us since we didn’t pay that much for our cabin to begin with. Only you know what is a good value to your group.

One thing I do know, once you are offered an upgrade, you do need to let them know very quickly or else the cabins disappear really fast.. I mean FAST.

We received the offer and called a special number that night and left a message and I received a call first thing the next morning from A lady at Princess and was able to choose a specific cabin, which was nice.

We’ve been in both several times, but only as a party of two. I think the mini would be preferable since you have a third person. It is nice to have the extra seating area and extra drawer space. The seating area is separated by a curtain that can be drawn for privacy when needed. We did the paid upgrade from deluxe balcony to mini early last year for $129 pp. it was worth it to us since we didn’t pay that much for our cabin to begin with. Only you know what is a good value to your group.

Thank you for the very quick reply! I have to get back to my TA before the end of the day. I like the idea of the privacy curtain.

One thing I do know, once you are offered an upgrade, you do need to let them know very quickly or else the cabins disappear really fast.. I mean FAST.

We received the offer and called a special number that night and left a message and I received a call first thing the next morning from A lady at Princess and was able to choose a specific cabin, which was nice.

Just got off the Regal last Sunday. We had two mini suites.

Ours

24402925058_f3ff34a11a_z.jpgOur Cabin_2296 by Howard , on Flickr

Our three grandchildren had a mini suite next door to ours.

24402925028_00dfd6e780_z.jpgTheir Cabin _3147 by Howard , on Flickr

She is still in a crib at home sleeping in a bed for the first time with pillows on the floor. She rolled

out of bed one night,never woke up and slept on the floor the rest of the night.:D

38242155412_71658494e4_z.jpgRolled out of bed and never woke up_3155 by Howard , on Flickr

38215834246_98d31a03b2_z.jpgTheir First Cruise DSC_2221 by Howard , on Flickr

Marina Deck 15 is very convenient to Horizon Court and the pools on Lido Deck 16

Howard

Edited by hm9912
Additional photos

Ours

She is still in a crib at home sleeping in a bed for the first time with pillows on the floor. She rolled

out of bed one night,never woke up and slept on the floor the rest of the night.:D

38242155412_71658494e4_z.jpgRolled out of bed and never woke up_3155 by Howard , on Flickr

Marina Deck 15 is very convenient to Horizon Court and the pools on Lido Deck 16

Howard

I'm laughing out loud😂 I'm sure you had a great time AND it was a memorable cruise😉

I'm laughing out loud😂 I'm sure you had a great time AND it was a memorable cruise😉

We were a family party of eight and had a wonderful cruise.

Our two and a half year old granddaughter had a great time.

Not sure about the guy sitting next to her in the Princess Theater waiting for the show to start?

37573350574_e015001960_z.jpgDSC_2918 by Howard , on Flickr

Howard

If a bathtub and two TV’s are not priorities, is it worth it to upgrade from a deluxe to a mini for $187 per person? There are three of us in the cabin.

We don’t tend to spend much time in our cabin. Just received an upsell offer via my travel agent for our New Year’s cruise and wondering if this would be worth the extra $$. Hoping for some feedback from those who have been in both. Thank you.

Maybe it’s just me but..we had BETTER service from our room steward in the mini.

Have stayed in mini-suites on Regal and Royal, and you will love the extra space especially if you have three people. The deluxe balcony is very nice, but will be much more crowded. The ability to use the curtains to separate the cabin into two spaces, is an added bonus for the mini-suites.

We had a Deluxe Balcony on the Regal last month. We loved our location and oversized balcony (D410), but struggled with storage. The addition of the small couch means you lose storage space (drawers) that are in a regular balcony. We moved to a mini-suite in the same location on a higher deck for our cruise on the Royal next summer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the speedy replies, everyone. Consensus rules! We went with the mini :).

Although you have already made your choice, I'm with everyone else. I have never been on Regal but get a Jr. Suite all the time on Royal whether I'm cruising with someone of by myself.

On Royal it's not just a bathtub that you get, you also get a walk in closet.

On NCL, I wouldn't recommend spending the extra for their mini suites. Some of their balcony rooms are actually larger.

Patti

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

Ours

Howard

We are going on our cruise Dec 2, 2018 and we upgraded to a mini suite, our rm # is M231. Hoping it is not to noisy with the Lido deck above us. Did you notice any noise or disturbance where you were? Thank you.