Horizon Court Grand Princees

Kbears

Our last 2 cruises have been on there gal. I am concerned that the buffet food selection there has spoiled me.

Has the Horizon Court been updated with a better food selection on the Grand?

Thank you

Our last 2 cruises have been on there gal. I am concerned that the buffet food selection there has spoiled me.

Thank you

I'm assuming your first sentence is supposed to say "on the Regal."

If so, no. None of the ships other than Royal class have the updated and expanded buffets.

Jim

The Grand does have the enhanced horizon court with the desert island. This allows a bit more variety in the amount of food available as all the deserts are moved outside of the Horizon Court spiral. After sailing on the star in december, which is similar to the grand and also has the separate desert island, and just recently sailing on the Ruby which does not, it was a bit of a let down.

The Grand does have the enhanced horizon court with the desert island. This allows a bit more variety in the amount of food available as all the deserts are moved outside of the Horizon Court spiral. After sailing on the star in december, which is similar to the grand and also has the separate desert island, and just recently sailing on the Ruby which does not, it was a bit of a let down.

My experience has not been on the Grand. but my experience on other Grand class ships with the enhanced Horizon Court is that the variety of food was actually less than before the enhancement. The reason is that after the enhancement both sides of a counter had the same foods to allow a better traffic flow since people could serve themselves from either side. Prior to the enhancements, each side would have different items and thus more choices.

Thank you

What’s that?

FWIW, HC food is still mediocre. Like you would find in a moderately priced land based buffet. Lots of variety but low in quality. JMO. YMMV.

Good luck.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Grand buffet is pathetic compared to the Regal, but I am still happy on that ship as long as I can have a salad, pasta and bread every day .

Just be prepared to be let down if you are accustomed to the Regal’s fantastic buffet.

Thank you for all of the responses. Auto correct is terrible if you don't proof read. Yes it is the Regal.

Since you all seem to be knowledge. What is the status of the TV entertainment on the Grand. Has that been updated to match the Regal?

Thank you

I'm assuming your first sentence is supposed to say "on the Regal."

If so, no. None of the ships other than Royal class have the updated and expanded buffets.

Jim

While not as extensive as the Royal & Regal, the Caribbean remodeled its buffet and now has expanded selections with better access and seating.

Thank you for all of the responses. Auto correct is terrible if you don't proof read. Yes it is the Regal.

Since you all seem to be knowledge. What is the status of the TV entertainment on the Grand. Has that been updated to match the Regal?

Thank you

Nope, there are flat screen tv's but that's about it, no upgrades. Also, internet if VERY slow. But the crew are great, the food was very good in main dining room and you are on a cruise, so not all bad from being on an older ship. And you sail under the Golden Gate Bridge.

Jackie

Thank you

We were on the Regal for two weeks in January and the HC buffet was great! In fact, the best ever on Princess. Then we were on the Grand for ten days in February and the HC buffet was terrible. The breakfast items were the same daily (If you like those crunchy hash browns like McD’s you can ask at the buffet counter for them). Lunch and dinner were mediocre at best. Crab Shack was horrible and wouldn’t suggest you waste your money on it. Crown Grill was okay. I must say the service was great on the Grand and is a reason we will be back on it in September for Alaska.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the giggle.

It's dessert.

Desert island brings up a whole different picture in my mind.:')

Thanks for all of the responses. Fortunately I am going on this trip for the stops. I am familiar with them all and we will be spending a lot of time ashore. Family at almost every stop.

While not as extensive as the Royal & Regal, the Caribbean remodeled its buffet and now has expanded selections with better access and seating.

Not even lose to the Royal class. Both sides have the same offerings so very limited selection for lunch and dinner.