Sheraton Santiago Hotel and Convention Center? Or San Cristobal Tower?

Nitemare

For our February Antarctica cruise (thanks for those pics of the Cloud!) MySilverseas is telling us that our night in Santiago is at:

"Sheraton San Cristobal Tower"

I know there's a Starwood property called the Sheraton Santiago Hotel and Convention Center

and another Starwood property called

"San Cristobal Tower" (which is part of Starwood's "Luxury Collection").

Anyone know which property we really are staying at? These two properties are attached to one another, but the San Cristobal is considered a much nicer property than the Sheraton.

Thanks!

For our February Antarctica cruise (thanks for those pics of the Cloud!) MySilverseas is telling us that our night in Santiago is at:

"Sheraton San Cristobal Tower"

I know there's a Starwood property called the Sheraton Santiago Hotel and Convention Center

and another Starwood property called

"San Cristobal Tower" (which is part of Starwood's "Luxury Collection").

Anyone know which property we really are staying at? These two properties are attached to one another, but the San Cristobal is considered a much nicer property than the Sheraton.

Thanks!

If they say it is the Tower, I think it would be safe to assume that you will be in the nicer property. A number of Sheraton properties have "Tower" sections that are more luxurious than the regular rooms.

It's not the convention center, per se. It's the Sheraton property attached to the Convention Center, as the San Cristobal tower is attached to the convention center.

As seen here: https://goo.gl/maps/tDavKQgzhvn

Or better here: https://goo.gl/maps/cpFzjii7GiR2

The left building (tower) is the Tower, the right building (lower rise) is the Sheraton

The Santiago Ritz Carlton, one of the world’s smallest Ritz properties, is a wonderful hotel..in a walkable neighborhood. We stayed there several times and loved it...the Club Floor is a worthwhile splurge...lovely breakfasts, lunches and several other “services” for tea, snacks, cocktails, desserts. And the bar, while small, has terrific live music. Beautiful roof top spa, pool and terrace.

Did any of you (doing Antarctica) know about the included Shetaton San Cristobal Tower (SSCT) hotel, transfers and charter flight to Ushuaia before you booked?

I'm on the Cloud, 'Cape to Cape' in '19 and had no idea all these were included.... until I got my booking confirmation which mentioned the SSCT and transfers. It was only when I questioned the hotel and transfers I found out about the charter flight.

Did any of you (doing Antarctica) know about the included Shetaton San Cristobal Tower (SSCT) hotel, transfers and charter flight to Ushuaia before you booked?

I'm on the Cloud, 'Cape to Cape' in '19 and had no idea all these were included.... until I got my booking confirmation which mentioned the SSCT and transfers. It was only when I questioned the hotel and transfers I found out about the charter flight.

Yes these are included with my cruise February, 2018.

Sorry, I didn’t realize that there were no choices in pre cruise arrangements. I have never been on an Excursion ship..guess it is very different when booking an Excursion type cruise. Actually when traveling in a group precruise it make sense to all be on exactly the same page. Again, sorry!

I just looked on the SS website and sure enough, it states for the Antarctica Expedition cruises (on both the Cloud and Explorer) the hotel (Santiago for Cloud, Buenos Aries for Explorer), transfers and charter flight(s) are included.

There is no mention of these for a 'Cape to Cape' Expedition cruise... they came as a total surprise to me!

There's no hotel with that name, Bill. See my first post that lists the names of the two properties in that area.

One is a Sheraton. The other has San Cristobal in the name.

You're right! I hadn't noticed 'San Cristobal Tower' was not preceded by 'Sheraton'. However, they are literally physically attached Starwood properties and it seems unlikely they would try to put you in the Sheraton part.

If they do, show them your Booking Confirmation that states 'San Cristobal Tower' (while holding your finger over the word 'Sheraton'). ;)

I agree, Silverseas would be "unlikely" to do that, but since I'm making an additional reservation for the extra night I really don't want to wait until arrival and use the finger trick to get into the nicer property (but that's a great idea!).

I think this must be a new deal for SS which is why no one is replying that "last year it was this". Would be great if a Host or SS representative could answer.

I guess we'll just have to call SS>

• 1 month later...

I think you're worrying about something there's nothing to worry about.

If they weren't going to put us in the San Cristobal Tower Santiago, there would be no mention of the 'tower' - it would just say 'Sheraton Santiago (or Sheraton Santiago Hotel and Convention Center).

And from TripAdvisor I found the name of one of the managers there who replies to reviews of the Sheraton property and wrote to her and she replied that Silversea uses the Tower, so we'll be canceling our extra reservation at the Sheraton.

Now I'd love to hear from one of the passengers on the current cruise or another one about the hotel and things to do in the area and the transfer from Santiago to Ushuaia! Is that asking too much?