Tell Me About "THE WIND"

Lois R

Good morning folks:D....I am still researching a cruise for my 60th Birthday and sometimes you just need a "little help":D

I wasn't planning to take a Caribbean Cruise for it but am looking at it now.....There is a 7 nighter on The Wind.

It is smaller than the Spirit and I bet it is awesome too:D..........they are running a special as well......Single supplement

is lower and I am sure the food/service, etc will be just as awesome as my first cruise.

Thoughts would be appreciated:)

Grab it as fast as you can.

I'm a solo traveller, female, a tad older than you but not much, and I love the atmosphere of the Wind - small enough to feel right at home but still enough choice of interesting people to meet. Food, service etc. will be wonderful.

And if you happened to be lucky enough to have Colin as the Cruise Director, he's an experience to be savoured.

The only thing wrong with your idea is the 7 night aspect - way too short, 14 nights is so much more than double the enjoyment.

Grab it as fast as you can.

I'm a solo traveller, female, a tad older than you but not much, and I love the atmosphere of the Wind - small enough to feel right at home but still enough choice of interesting people to meet. Food, service etc. will be wonderful.

And if you happened to be lucky enough to have Colin as the Cruise Director, he's an experience to be savoured.

The only thing wrong with your idea is the 7 night aspect - way too short, 14 nights is so much more than double the enjoyment.

Thanks for the reply:)....I am taking a longer cruise on the Whisper in July.....this one needs to be a shorter itinerary.

*I still work full time..........

The Wind is my Fav. It does often get poor reviews mostly for being “tired” looking. It’s not a new ship, but it’s smaller capacity (I think) really does make it more intimate and enjoyable.

As SS has said... any specific questions ask away, but I do think you will enjoy. The Singles policy is the same on the Wind as it is on other ships. Another “book it” before the price might go up in a couple of days vote from me....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello all,

First time poster here - will be on the Wind for my fist time cruise with my elder mother on Dec. 23 for a week long Caribbean cruise - looking forward to falling in love with the ship - any advices and punters warmly welcomed - thank you

I keep going back and forth:eek:...what is wrong with me?:o

A few years ago I only had one choice and now that I have all these "luxurious" choices it is making me a little wacky LOL:)

Shall I make dinner reservations for every night? ( and not only for la Dame?) My gut feeling is to leave it casual and jut show up - dinner time for us begins between 08:00 and 09:00 p.m. - recommendations? Suggestions?

Thank you!

Go with your gut feeling. No reservations in the MDR anyway. The Wind is small enough to be spur of the moment. You might want to try La Terrezza once or twice though, and reservations are usually required, but you can ask your butler to take care of that.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My first Silversea ship was the Wind. Intimate, superb service, and elegant. I would book again without hesitation. In fact, I did book two consecutive cruises on the Wind for next Spring, however, one week was chartered, so we ended up canceling and booking a different part of the world. However, we will return to the Wind in 2019!

Go with your gut feeling. No reservations in the MDR anyway. The Wind is small enough to be spur of the moment. You might want to try La Terrezza once or twice though, and reservations are usually required, but you can ask your butler to take care of that.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you so much for your . reply - I will definitely follow your advice

My husband and I went on cruises on the Wind in both April and September 2017. Loved it. We have done the Cloud and the Shadow previously. The smaller ships are lovely. Especially on our return, so many staff treated us like we had just gotten off the ship the previous week - remembered our names, our preferences, etc. I wouldn’t hesitate to sail on her again.

My husband and I went on cruises on the Wind in both April and September 2017. Loved it. We have done the Cloud and the Shadow previously. The smaller ships are lovely. Especially on our return, so many staff treated us like we had just gotten off the ship the previous week - remembered our names, our preferences, etc. I wouldn’t hesitate to sail on her again.

Sweetpea,

We love small ships having sailed the Wind and Cloud several times.

Will we have these intimate experiences in the next decade? We hope so! Take note Silverseas management[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I will be bringing my father on board the Wind on March 30th for the Southern Caribbean 7 dayer. Sailed on her about 10 years ago and looking forward to sharing the experience with my dad as part of his 90th birthday year long celebration. I have opted for most of the "bus tour" expeditions as although he is in quite good shape, he does tire easily. Hope to meet many of you on Board.