Fascination Cancellation: Airline Change Fees

connersarecruisin

Hi! We were affected by the Fascination cancellation and we had two one way flights booked--one with Sun Country and another with Spirit. It sounds like most airlines are waving the change fees. Spirit has waved ours after an entire day of back and forth on facebook messenger but I cant get Sun Country to do anything for us. What has been your experience?

(I realize that Carnival will help with these fees but its really annoying me that these companies are profiting off this situation.):evilsmile:

Hopefully you had purchased trip insurance which might cover this situation depending on the policy

However, and not to be insensitive, the airline purchase is a separate entity to the cruise and the airline is under no obligation to waive change fees. Had this been an issue where the cruise was cancelled due to weather related issues at the port of embarkation, that is one thing but since the ship was chartered/commandeered for relief efforts, I'm not sure you will make any headway with them.....

This is in response to the women looking for airline refunds and waivers for fees due to the cancellation of the Fascination. I also was on that cruise and was told by Carnival that they don't speak directly with the airlines about each person. What you have to do is pay the fees but make sure you get documentation showing what they charged and why. You can then send that paperwork via an e-mail to Reviews@Carnival.com. At least that is what they told me to do. When I contacted American they waived all fees so there was no charge. I will say after everything that happened with Carnival I will never book with them again. It wasn't because they cancelled the cruise it was because when I rebooked there was no problem until I went to follow up on my new booking only to be told it would cost me $800 more. I told her that the women who rebooked the cruise told me there would be no extra charges, the women I was speaking to when checking on the booking said that the other women had made a mistake. I cancelled the cruise and said that they need to get their act together and I was appalled how they would rather lose a customer than not charge for the $800 considering everything that was done to us as customers.

Yeah, I totally understand that they aren't required to do anything. I guess I am just super disappointed in my 'hometown' airline. I was curious if there are any other airlines that are not assisting.

Our hometown airline Sun Country has a new business plan, according to a news article recently. They will become a no frills low cost carrier... guess they are proving it!

Our hometown airline Sun Country has a new business plan, according to a news article recently. They will become a no frills low cost carrier... guess they are proving it!

The public's demand for cheap priced tickets has pushed this race to the bottom. Given that the OP bought from Spirit and Sun Country, I'm gonna bet the choice was driven by price rather than value.

In simple terms, the airline doesn't care why you aren't flying.

Exactly why I don't fly Sun Country, Spirit, Frontier or Allegiant anymore. Too cheap

For Minneaplois residents, fly Delta. Much easier to deal with. I was also on a Fascination cruise that got cancelled.

Delta down to san Juan, United on the way back. Had no problem with each changing the dates or getting a refund, totally free of fees.

This is in response to the women looking for airline refunds and waivers for fees due to the cancellation of the Fascination. I also was on that cruise and was told by Carnival that they don't speak directly with the airlines about each person. What you have to do is pay the fees but make sure you get documentation showing what they charged and why. You can then send that paperwork via an e-mail to Reviews@Carnival.com. At least that is what they told me to do. When I contacted American they waived all fees so there was no charge. I will say after everything that happened with Carnival I will never book with them again. It wasn't because they cancelled the cruise it was because when I rebooked there was no problem until I went to follow up on my new booking only to be told it would cost me $800 more. I told her that the women who rebooked the cruise told me there would be no extra charges, the women I was speaking to when checking on the booking said that the other women had made a mistake. I cancelled the cruise and said that they need to get their act together and I was appalled how they would rather lose a customer than not charge for the $800 considering everything that was done to us as customers.

Thanks! Yeah, I will send them the documentation. It's just frustrating that my favorite airline won't do anything for loyal customers.

We rebooked on the vista for the same week and it's costing us about $500. We've been given the runaround like crazy. Every time I call, I get a different answer on something. It's ridiculous. I wrote carnival an email the other day telling them what a terrible experience this has been.