Elite cocktail hour

Harborgirl246

With approx. 87% of passengers now having a drinks package of some form or another I wonder how long the "Elite" cocktail party will continue. Whenever we have gone to the sky lounge it has pretty much been empty. As a holder of a drinks package there is little incentive to make the effort.

With approx. 87% of passengers now having a drinks package of some form or another I wonder how long the "Elite" cocktail party will continue. Whenever we have gone to the sky lounge it has pretty much been empty. As a holder of a drinks package there is little incentive to make the effort.

Unless it’s a TA (drink package not included as a perk for most pax), and then I’ll think you’ll find your percentages are way out as most use the Elite coupons or the lounge is packed to overflowing - well, according to these boards.

Hmm, I get the impression that some Elite passengers, having got their status, then seek out ultra-cheap fares without the packages, relying on the "cocktail hour" to keep them re-fuelled!

Stuart.

Hi -we have our first drinks package on Eclipse 12th Nov but are doing the TA before. Our status is Elite + but we do not go to Elite lounge until 6'ish when first sitting go to dinner. The status we hold has never been a factor in our drinking habit!!

We just got off Millennium about a week ago, and I had a Margarita one night during the Elite Cocktail Hour. It was brought to me as one of the included drinks, although I never checked the list, I just asked for a Margarita. The only reason I stopped at one is because it wasn’t a very good Margarita. The Sky Lounge bartenders made many other drinks that were much tastier, so I never asked for a Margarita from that bar again.

Thank you, lisiamc. Sorry to hear that the Margarita you had on the Millenium wasn't very good. Guess I'll see if those on the Silhouette are better. I don't drink every day and never have more than two (or three) drinks at most when I do, so I won't be bent out of shape if I have to choose something else from the Elite Cocktail Menu.

Hmm, I get the impression that some Elite passengers, having got their status, then seek out ultra-cheap fares without the packages, relying on the "cocktail hour" to keep them re-fuelled!

Stuart.

Hmmh, if we're the Elite passengers your response was aimed at with regard to my question about the Margarita being/not being an eligible choice as an Elite cocktail drink, it would be totally presumptuous in that we booked the cruise in March which certainly didn't involve "ultra-cheap fares" and appears to have been a mistake on our part in light of the deep discounting of late which has not benefited us in the least. Furthermore, purchasing a drink package would be a total waste of money for us since we do not drink anywhere near enough to warrant the expense, nor do we "rely on the cocktail hour to keep us re-fuelled!"

Thank you, lisiamc. Sorry to hear that the Margarita you had on the Millenium wasn't very good. Guess I'll see if those on the Silhouette are better. I don't drink every day and never have more than two (or three) drinks at most when I do, so I won't be bent out of shape if I have to choose something else from the Elite Cocktail Menu.

On some ships they have a gallon jug of cosmos already made up for the Elite function, but if you give the bartender a nice tip, he'll made fresh ones for you every time, and your glass shall always overflow. ;)

On some ships they have a gallon jug of cosmos already made up for the Elite function, but if you give the bartender a nice tip, he'll made fresh ones for you every time, and your glass shall always overflow. ;)

Thank you for the "heads up" on the Cosmos! I might try one if they're available, or ask the waiter for one ... and give him/her a good tip! :)

I have been trying very diligently to have a drink in Michael’s Club, but I can’t even finish one Cosmo. Bring me a caramel macchiato and I can finish that, as long as it has half the amount of expresso...I am a very cheap date!!! I never used one coupon at the elite gatherings, so the above poster is not talking about me! It is never good to generalize...but you in no way hurt my feelings either...I just laughed at your generalization!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stuart.

Before the intro of the packages, that evening party was a very welcome perk...as well as Cap Club parties, etc Plus it was nice to socialize abd relax with other frequent cruisers.

Wish they'd go back to that...too many bulk drinkers on board...

Thank you for the "heads up" on the Cosmos! I might try one if they're available, or ask the waiter for one ... and give him/her a good tip! :)

Actually, the waiters serve what the bartenders give them. Sit at the bar where they are making the drinks and order them direct from the bartender. If you see them pouring them out of a jug, grease their palm and ask if they could mix a fresh one. You'll be good for the rest of the cruise.

Stuart.

Well.. quite a comment . We personally seek fares without packages as we are not paying hundreds$ for a useless product. Some of don't need liquor to have a good time . One drink an evening is enough for a person who has about a drink a month at home

Why would a person pay for a package that is useless to them??