Silhouette 11/26/17: Puerto Rico cancelled?

larrywizzit

I am getting conflicting information. Our online travel agent has sent an email stating that the two day stop in Puerto Rico has been cancelled and replaced with one day in Bahamas and another sea day.

This doesn’t bother us in the least - I completely understand the situation and sympathize with the people there. I’m sure that they don’t need to ‘entertain’ us right now.

However, Celebrity’s website doesn’t reflect this change at all. They appear to still be offering excursions at that port which is odd to say the least.

Does anyone have any further information on this itinerary?

My TA sent an email with the new itinerary. Also, a passenger on this sailing posted on the Roll Call the info he received from his TA as follows:

"We have some important itinerary changes to tell you about for your upcoming 12-Night Ultimate Caribbean Cruise departing from Ft. Lauderdale on November 26, 2017. Updates from the Caribbean islands are coming in daily, and we’re doing everything we can to ensure you have the best vacation possible. We know these changes can be disruptive, but we truly believe we’ve found an opportunity to make the upcoming sailing even better.

Our teams on the ground in San Juan, Puerto Rico haven’t been able to determine when the island will be ready to welcome cruise guests again. So, we’re replacing San Juan with a visit to the breathtaking port of Cococay, Bahamas for your sailing. In order to maintain the rest of your itinerary, we’ll be at sea aboard the stunning Celebrity Silhouette one more day than originally planned.

We’re arranging a wide variety of in depth shore excursions for you to choose from in the Bahamas. Once we have them finalized, we’ll send all the details you’ll need to plan excursions and book them before you sail.

If you already booked shore excursions booked in Puerto Rico, you’ll automatically receive a full refund back to the form of payment used to book the excursions.

For your convenience, we’ve included the newly revised itinerary below.

Sun Nov 26 Fort Lauderdale, FL 4:00pm

Mon Nov 27 CocoCay, Bahamas 8:00am 5:00pm

Tue Nov 28 At Sea

Wed Nov 29 At Sea

Thu Nov 30 Antigua 9:00am 6:00pm

Fri Dec 1 St. Lucia 10:00am 6:00pm

Sat Dec 2 Grenada 7:00am 6:00pm

Sun Dec 3 Barbados 7:00am 6:00pm

Mon Dec 4 Martinique 7:00am 6:00pm

Tue Dec 5 St. Kitts 9:00am 6:00pm

Wed Dec 6 At Sea

Thu Dec 7 At Sea

Fri Dec 8 Fort Lauderdale, FL 7:00am

We continue to support the relief efforts for the islands affected by the recent hurricanes, and we’re doing all we can to help them welcome cruise ships and visitors once again. We hope you are looking forward to visiting these beautiful islands in the near future as much as we are.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises"

I am getting conflicting information. Our online travel agent has sent an email stating that the two day stop in Puerto Rico has been cancelled and replaced with one day in Bahamas and another sea day.

This doesn’t bother us in the least - I completely understand the situation and sympathize with the people there. I’m sure that they don’t need to ‘entertain’ us right now.

However, Celebrity’s website doesn’t reflect this change at all. They appear to still be offering excursions at that port which is odd to say the least.

Does anyone have any further information on this itinerary?

The fact that X's website isn't correct is puzzling to you? ;p

I think we can safely assume that we will be doing Coco Cay and not San Juan.

Not too much longer now!

I am on the Silhouette that leaves on the 19th of Nov and my itinerary was also changed. This is the 3rd one going now to Coco Cay, Punta Cana and St Thomas. The prior updated itinerary was PR, Antigua and St Kitts with the original been PR, St Thomas and St Martin.

Celebrity website is not updated as of 1 hour ago.

We are also on this same cruise and have not had any update from Celebrity. If San Juan is indeed out we do not have an issue with that. Looking forward to just getting away and enjoying the islands and sun.

Yep, per our roll call discussion and this thread, Celebrity has not updated their website with the new itinerary. I'm still waiting for my TA to get back in town and confirm this info. I hope Celebrity will update the website soon, in order for my family staying at home to track my whereabouts when we cruise.

They are telling everyone that the site will be updated for all ships by Monday morning. They are swamped with all these changes and are working on it night and day right now. Don't forget you are talking about thousands of reservations and everything else that goes with it. They changed our cruise three times now, and I believe they started making the changes and little too fast and not thinking it out better. I don't understand using St. Croix and St. Thomas which are not in very good shape still at the moment !

Our November 25 Equinox was just recently changed. Was supposed to be Ponce PR, St. Thomas, St. Kitts. Now Coco Cay and Aruba with an extra sea day. It took quite some time for them to post excursions. At one point we had to filter through them because they were still showing St. Thomas excursions with the Aruba excursions. Now at least I don't have to filter through them. They still haven't updated to reflect the extra sea day for taking the Behind the Scenes tour. With their and RCCL's website being managed by has-beens in the computer world, I'm surprised that they got it sorted out this quick.

I just called our TA (big box that store begins with a C) and they didn't have a clue why they sent me the additional email yesterday (2 days in San Juan). They called X and verified that no, we are not going to San Juan and yes, we are going to Coco Cay, then 2 sea days,

So there we have it.....for now.:)

Ok. This is the same info I have so I guess that San Juan is out. Too bad, we have never visited PR and were looking forward to it. I probably won’t get out at Cococay. I like beaches, but the more secluded kind. Not the mass market ‘private island’ thing. I experienced that once at Mahogany Bay in Honduras. Never again - we felt like cattle. That being said, I like sea days, so it’s a break even for me.

The DW says I should estimate how much I would have spent in PR and donate that to a charitable fund supporting the island. I guess that’s my homework for tonight.

I only asked for supporting info as I thought it strange that X would still be offering excursions that they will only have to credit again later. Seems counter productive.

I am starting to understand what everyone means about their website being ‘a bit off’.