Golden Princess in Sydney 15/10

Thanks, David, What a pity I missed it, as yesterday I went to Potts Point to see "Assassins", a brilliant Stephen Sondheim musical.

I love to watch the big ships berth at OPT.

However, today I'm going to Opera House, so hope there is a ship in today.

Thanks, David, What a pity I missed it, as yesterday I went to Potts Point to see "Assassins", a brilliant Stephen Sondheim musical.

I love to watch the big ships berth at OPT.

However, today I'm going to Opera House, so hope there is a ship in today.

That is today Sunday 15 Oct. that it is in .The time/date on the bridge cam is GMT time , That will change at midday,,(our time)

That is today Sunday 15 Oct. that it is in .The time/date on the bridge cam is GMT time , That will change at midday,,(our time)

Thanks David.

I travel by ferry to Circular Quay, but I notice she is leaving at 4.00 pm so may be gone by the time I get there. Radiance will be there tomorrow so I'll look her over.

I still find her shopping handle butt to be very weird looking.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Inside the handle is nice though, Skywalkers, great place at night and where they hold the Suite/Elite drinks and snacks.:) Classy room, great views.

For anyone interested, I have been following this couples Blogs for many years

http://pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com.au/

They have chosen to spend their US winter on the Golden Princess this year, doing a few Bb2b2b2b2b2's!!

They arrived a couple of days, so a couple of posts back will get you up to date.

A lovely couple who spend their winters at sea, it will be interesting to see their opinion of Princess Australia.

They have chosen to spend their US winter on the Golden Princess this year, doing a few Bb2b2b2b2b2's!!

They arrived a couple of days, so a couple of posts back will get you up to date.

A lovely couple who spend their winters at sea, it will be interesting to see their opinion of Princess Australia.

Thanks for link,Chez, I am sure they will see a difference in the Princess budget when operating in OZ. Not what it is when operating in the Americas, carrying mainly North Americans. I had no complaints with our 30 days on her in 2014.:halo:

Just had a peek at their blog site, looks good, but paying US$350 a night for Holiday Inn down at the Rocks? Bit much I think.

Edited by NSWP

:halo:

Just had a peek at their blog site, looks good, but paying US$350 a night for Holiday Inn down at the Rocks? Bit much I think.

I know, but I think hotels are much more when booking from the US than for us.

She told me they have the same cabin for most of their B2B cruises except for this cruise as they couldnt get it, it is the cabin we just had on the Golden haha!! They will have a good Room Steward!

Luckily the Golden is doing a real variety of itinerarys and they only double up a few ports. They get to do Queensland, Tassie, NZ and a variety of the SP then fly home from Melbourne

I just watched them sail away on the live cam......ah to be able to spend 80 days at sea:D

She told me they have the same cabin for most of their B2B cruises except for this cruise as they couldnt get it, it is the cabin we just had on the Golden haha!! They will have a good Room Steward!

Luckily the Golden is doing a real variety of itinerarys and they only double up a few ports. They get to do Queensland, Tassie, NZ and a variety of the SP then fly home from Melbourne

I just watched them sail away on the live cam......ah to be able to spend 80 days at sea:D

Sounds like a wonderful cruise the couple are on.

No hotels are not much more booking from the US than for us here in Australia. You just need to be on hotel booking sights which regularly send out special offers.

I must admit I prefer long cruises, rather than B2B cruises where the dynamics change each leg.

Thanks Chez, yes I also watched the sailaway on WebCam about 4.05pm Sunday. Looks like they are now heading into bad weather in northern NSW and Southern Qld, heaps of rain and some choppy seas.:(

e27d7c78bf242cd669ad19d362b6dcc1.jpg

e3e47cd98ac44a4035e8712aa4be9dfa.jpgddc3cbc334876ee8fb659956847cbd61.jpg

249ff695cef3ceacdca16a3934d184f9.jpg

Spent a few hours at OPT yesterday just watching all the comings and goings and the operations.

Was a fun afternoon! Muster seemed to take a long time though. The ship was off very quickly once all the passengers were disbanded from their emergency drill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just read their blog re embarkation and first day at sea. Interesting to say the least, I like the way they spell Cairns as Cannes and mention they are not going there but to Yorkeys Knob instead, I suppose nobody told them Yorkeys Knob is the tender location for Cairns. As for demanding tables for two, they are not going to meet many Aussies that way !! I suppose they have their reasons for dining alone, like many other couples do. I hope the seas are kind, they have a real forward cabin, Chez you were in that? Your ears still ringing from the boom crash of the bow waves on the hull?

Anyway, will be interesting reading.:halo: The bloke looks like a young Kenny Rogers !!

I wonder how many Princess Days they have up ?

Edited by NSWP

Just read their blog re embarkation and first day at sea. Interesting to say the least, I like the way they spell Cairns as Cannes and mention they are not going there but to Yorkeys Knob instead, I suppose nobody told them Yorkeys Knob is the tender location for Cairns. As for demanding tables for two, they are not going to meet many Aussies that way !! I suppose they have their reasons. I hope the seas are kind real forward cabin, Chez you were in that? Your ears still ringing from the boom crash of the bow waves on the hull?

Anyway, will be interesting reading.:halo:

No Les, we were not in that cabin!! I was referring to the Aft cabin they will have after this cruise.

They know about Yorkeys Knob, they were referring to the "Princess Cruises Itinerary" she had posted from the Princess site, it says Cairns.

And I get the table for two......we request that also, we only have dinner with others if we know them and arrange it:)

Having meals with loads of strangers isnt high on our list on a cruise either!!

No Les, we were not in that cabin!! I was referring to the Aft cabin they will have after this cruise.

They know about Yorkeys Knob, they were referring to the "Princess Cruises Itinerary" she had posted from the Princess site, it says Cairns.

And I get the table for two......we request that also, we only have dinner with others if we know them and arrange it:)

Having meals with loads of strangers isnt high on our list on a cruise either!!

Thanks Chez, now I know !! Re tables for two, each to their own, but we always get a table for 6 or 8 at MDR traditional dining and share tables at breakfast and lunch in Buffet or MDR, you see I am a big conversationalist and besides we have a table for 2 at home every day !!:halo: No way my better half would want a table for 2 anyway, she asks for a table of 10, but I wear her down to table of 6 or 8.

Yes!! I'm loving the blogs from this couple. I'm sure their cabin is a couple down from ours (we are on the next cruise to Tassy), I got worried about the noise from above the theatre but remembered there's not much chance we will be sleeping while shows are on we are usually up late. We also watched her leave Sydney on Sunday from the live webcam and I've been watching her movements on marine traffic since she was over in New Zealand.

I can't wait to board in 7 days!!

The Bloggers reported on Brisvegas yesterday, raining Koalas. And a bit of a bumpy night on the ocean, all part of the adventure.:cool:

Looking at bridgecam just now, bit of a swell and rock and roll happening as they head north. Should be a few empty chairs in the Horizon Court for lunch.

The Bloggers reported on Brisvegas yesterday, raining Koalas. And a bit of a bumpy night on the ocean, all part of the adventure.:cool:

Looking at bridgecam just now, bit of a swell and rock and roll happening as they head north. Should be a few empty chairs in the Horizon Court for lunch.

Had to smile that the taxi driver did not know the way back to the ship.:o

Had to smile that the taxi driver did not know the way back to the ship.:o

Not unusual in some of the Australian Capital Cities these days David. Whatever happened to the 'area knowledge test?':loudcry:

Probably the same in Auckland or Wellington ? New arrivals from overseas, can't get a job, although they may be highly qualified in the country they came from, so go driving taxis or Ubers.

I got into an Uber last year in Sydney, the driver was an Iranian Doctor of Medicine who could not practice here without a lot more study and examinations, all of which cost money, hence the Uber job and they are not highly paid.

Edited by NSWP