Celebrity alert

nyupolyalan

Missed our COSTCO excursion from Malaga to Granada by 15 minutes because CELEBRITY failed to announce that the ship had been cleared for passengers to disembark.

Shame on CELEBRITY REFLECTION!

Trying to understand why it is shame on Celebrity Reflection when it is your excursion and your responsibility to ask questions if you think you're not going to get off the ship in time. Having just come off Reflection, I noted that for very early morning docking, they would not announce the ship being cleared, but we got off anyway because we knew when our excursion meet up plan was and made sure we got off in time to meet at the appropriate time.

Sorry you missed it but you cannot blame celebrity for this. If you knew your excursion time you should have been down the staircase heading for the gang plank at the right time and you will have known that it was open.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry you missed it but you cannot blame celebrity for this. If you knew your excursion time you should have been down the staircase heading for the gang plank at the right time and you will have known that it was open.

I agree with this opinion.

It can also happen that the excursion does not return in time and you lose the boat, it is the risk of hiring excursions outside the cruise.

where's the alert?

Sorry but it's your fault you missed an excursion not celebrity's I'm afraid. You should have been pro active, not wait for them them to announce. I certainly wouldn't have let my excursion time pass without going to guest services or to the gangway :o

You can look over the side and see if pax are getting off, or call guest services.

I am glad that Celebrity does not do many public announcements.

That is one of the primary reasons we love X....no in room announcements unless it's "abandon ship"! I hated HAL because every 5 minutes they were announcing a different give away, sale, charity collection, or some other stupid thing. As for missing your excursion...sorry, no sympathy here either...if you book a private excursion (and I have done both) your confirmation docs will tell you what time and where you meet the group....it's up to you to be there. On every one of the daily events that you find on your bed at night it tells you what time you dock, what time you leave, what time you have to be on board and who to call on land if there's a problem (I always enter port agent phone # into my cel phone). If ship docks at 7 a.m. and excursion starts at 10 common sense tells you that at 9 a.m. you can/should leave your cabin. Next time you'll know better.

Exactly. Can't imagine waiting around for an announcement if I knew we had an excursion leaving soon. Didn't miss excursion because of a failure of Celebrity, missed due to failure to simply walk off the ship on time.

We ran into a problem in Israel where protesters were blocking the port so tour operators couldn't get in or out. Celebrity buses were there so they were letting those people off the ship. Announcements told everyone else to stay put. I was in contact with our private tour director who emailed saying they were inside the port and to get off despite what the ship was saying. We walked down and just walked off even without any announcements that it was time or we could leave. Someone on this board once said--if they are in port and they are letting people off (the ship has been cleared) they can't keep you from getting off the ship.

Another problematic situation happens when the ship tenders. With so many people trying to get off, it's hard perhaps for a private group to get off early because Celebrity makes sure their tours get off the ship first. We had a South American tour where, despite showing up early for tender tickets, our group was about an hour late getting off. Not really much more we could do. So if you're doing private tours in tender ports, do your best to get a ticket as early as you can, and plan that you won't be getting off even once tendering starts.

What boggles my mind is that this poster joined Cruise Critic back in August 2015 and this is their FIRST and ONLY post.

Perhaps they were also waiting for the announcement that it was time to post. :)

Harris

Denver, CO

I’m wondering what a COSTCO excursion is.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry, you didn't miss much of an excursion to Costco as there aren't any Costco Stores from Malaga to Granada. :evilsmile:

Walking through the isles looking for free samples.:evilsmile:

Missed our COSTCO excursion from Malaga to Granada by 15 minutes because CELEBRITY failed to announce that the ship had been cleared for passengers to disembark.

Shame on CELEBRITY REFLECTION!

What time was it scheduled to leave ????? Did you attempt to get off to be off the ship by that time

???

Walking through the isles looking for free samples.:evilsmile:

This made my day. 🍴

I've never seen a tour organizer leave within fifteen minutes of a scheduled tour if they still had clients to round up especially if barely any passengers had disembarked which would be the case if the arrival hadn't been announced.

The bad part of this thread is that if someone takes the post at face value, Celebrity and Costco both get a bad review.