Azamara

hobgoblin

Your level is transferable so you get the benefits but each line builds its own point so your points on azamara won't get added onto your celebrity points.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Azamara points are not transferable to RCCL.

Azamara points ARE transferable to Your Celebrity account, in fact they are more generous 5 per night in a balcony cabin on Azamara, 3 per night on Celebrity.

My last Azamara cruise was three years ago. There was no need to “transfer” points because we used our Captain’s Club account number on Azamara. The points were credited to our CC account just like on any X cruise. The two programs are one and the same, or at least they were three years ago. As others have mentioned, the situation is different with Royal.

My last Azamara cruise was three years ago. There was no need to “transfer” points because we used our Captain’s Club account number on Azamara. The points were credited to our CC account just like on any X cruise. The two programs are one and the same, or at least they were three years ago. As others have mentioned, the situation is different with Royal.

This is still true. Just give your Captain's Club number when you book an Azamara cruise, and you will accumulate points on that voyage and get status perks, although the perks are fewer than on Celebrity...

Prior to Royal Caribbean's hire of Larry Pimentel as President and CEO of Azamara in July 2009, Azamara's leader was Dan Hanrahan who was then also President and CEO of Celebrity... Many of the procedures/processes/systems were--and still are, including the Loyalty Accounting System--common between the two lines...

• One's Captain's Club membership number with Celebrity is used for Azamara's Le Club Voyage and, if one happens to sail Azamara first between the two brands, vice versa...
  • "Cruise Points" don't transfer; they cross accumulate between the two lines [but not with Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society]... Captain's Club/Le Club Voyage members receive limited reciprocal tier status recognition [capping out at Celebrity "Elite"/Azamara "Discoverer"/Royal Caribbean "Diamond" membership tiers] when sailing with Royal; Crown & Anchor members receive limited reciprocal/equivalent status recognition when sailing with Celebrity or Azamara...
  • Prior to 23 November 2013 when Celebrity totally revamped Captain's Club, the Celebrity and Azamara loyalty programs moved from a "Cruise Credit" to a "Cruise Point" approach to measuring loyalty and featured three membership tiers with identical loyalty benefits for laundry and internet [Azamara, with some basic alcohol included in their pricing model, understandably did not--for instance--host a nightly "Elite/Discoverer" Cocktail Event or, based on ship size, sponsor an "Elite/Discoverer" Morning Coffee Break]...
    • When Celebrity expanded from three membership tiers to five membership tiers [adding Elite + and Zenith] in 2013, Azamara followed suit by adding Discoverer + and Discoverer Platinum membership levels... The number of "Cruise Points" required to move from one membership level to the next are identical between the two lines...
    • "Cruise Credits" earned while sailing with Celebrity and Azamara were converted such that one [old] "Cruise Credit" equated to thirty [new] "Cruise Points"...
    • Celebrity added benefits for the new membership tiers for effect--as I recall--virtually immediately... Azamara did not redefine the benefits associated with all their membership tiers until September 2014 for effect with sailings on/after 1 January 2015... During that year, Azamara provided Discoverer + and Discoverer Platinum members with Discoverer benefits...
    • If internet allowance is important to you...
      • Celebrity Elite members receive an allowance of 90 free minutes or a 30% discount against the price of an unlimited internet package... Azamara Discoverer members also receive an allowance of 90 free internet minutes and--very recently--added a $100 discount against the price of an unlimited internet package...
      • Celebrity Elite + members receive an allowance of 240 free minutes or a 35% discount against the price of an unlimited internet package... Azamara Discoverer + members receive an allowance of 120 free internet minutes and--very recently--added a $130 discount against the price of an unlimited internet package...
      • Celebrity Zenith members receive an unlimited internet package... Azamara Discoverer Platinum members receive an allowance of 150 free internet minutes and--very recently--added a $150 discount against the price of an unlimited internet package...

[*]If laundry is important to you...

• Celebrity Elite members receive one complimentary bag of laundry per member per sailing regardless of cruise duration... Azamara Discoverer members receive one compllimentary bag of laundry per stateroom every [full] seven days...
      • Celebrity Elite + members receive two complimentary bags of laundry per member per sailing regardless of cruise duration... Azamara Discoverer + members receive one complimentary bag of laundry per stateroom every [full] seven days...
      • Celebrity Zenith members recieve unlimited complimentary laundry and dry cleaning... Azamara Discoverer Platinum members receive one complimentary bag of laundry per stateroom every [full] seven days... The laundry benefit never grows...

[*]If alcohol is important to you, Azamara does provide a basic package to all guests with several opportunities--better priced than aboard Celebrity as I recall--to upgrade... Celebrity Zenith members receive a complimentary beverage package--including a Premium Alcohol package--of one's choosing...

Azamara does do a nice cruise; I personally value them most for their small ship advantage in terms of itinerary and/or dock location if it differs at a common destination [on the down side, I sometimes miss the activity/entertainment opportunities that come with larger ships]... And Le Club Voyage does offer some nice benefits not offered by Celebrity such as...

• Flat dollar stateroom category upgrades based upon factors such as availability, loyalty status, and/or upgrade application date... Seemingly, it's a craps shoot with some preference reportedly given to those with more sailings aboard Azamara than Celebrity...
  • A % discount against the price of a future Azamara cruise--based upon loyalty tier--for sailings booked while aboard ship... Nice but I'd personally much prefer that the discount be applicable for all reservations booked directly or through my Travel Agent when I find an itinerary I want to do at a price I like...
  • A complicated "Free Nights" benefit after moving from one loyalty tier to the next with additional allowances every 750 "Cruise Points" after reaching the 1500 "Cruise Point" threshold... Kicker is that one must have completed 50% or more of one's cruises with Azamara to qualify for "Free Nights" [statisticallly impossible from the outset for someone with my predominant Celebrity cruise history]... Captain's Club members are instead awarded a seven night "free" cruise to the Caribbean or Bermuda upon first attaining Zenith tier [and then, every 3,000 "Cruise Points" thereafter]...

I don't sail for perks--itinerary and price matter most--but, as I've climbed the loyalty ladder, it has become increasingly difficult not to consider their value--they can equate to additional "out of pocket" expense if important to me--when considering future trips with Azamara or Royal Caribbean...

In fact they are more generous 5 per night in a balcony cabin on Azamara, 3 per night on Celebrity.

Please see my earlier post for some Captain's Club/Le Club Voyage history... Though your observation as quoted above is correct now, it has not always been true...

Prior to 23 November 2013, both Celebrity and Azamara used a "Cruise Credit" approach to determining loyalty status...

• For Celebrity, one cruise credit was awarded for sailing, an additional cruise credit was awarded for cruises twelve nights or longer if applicable, and a third cruise credit--to a maximum of three per trip--was awarded for those sailing in AquaClass, Concierge Class or a Suite if applicable...
  • For Azamara, one cruise credit was awarded for sailing, an additional cruise credit was awarded for cruises twelve nights or longer if applicable, and a third cruise credit--to a maximum of three per trip--was awarded for those sailing in a Suite if applicable... Those sailing in a standard veranda were awarded one cruise credit for sailing and an additional cruise credit--to a maximum of two--for a sailing of twelve nights or longer...
  • When cruise credits were converted to cruise points in November 2013, each [old] cruise credit was valued at thirty [new] cruise points...
  • During 2014, Azamara valued each night in a standard verandah cabin--as did Celebrity under their newly implemented points accrual system--at three cruise points/night... AquaClass and Concierge Class cabins were [and still are] valued at five cruise points/night coincident with Celebrity's 2013 program revision...

When Azamara published their revised Le Club Voyage program in September 2014 for effect with sailings on or after 1 January 2015, they initially specified that the practice of awarding three "Cruise Points" per night in a standard veranda stateroom would continue... Don't ask me where Azamara cruisers had been during all the years that Celebrity had provided additional cruise credits, and later, cruise points, to those occupying AquaClass and Concierge Class cabins but the long-standing "fairness" dichotomy suddenly became a "hot/controversial/much debated topic" here [and perhaps via other feedback mechanisms to those who then managed loyalty within Azamara] with the argument that Azamara veranda stateroom pricing was often [but not always] higher than that of a Celebrity AquaClass or Concierge Class for what was/still is--other than for some Millennium-Class staterooms--less space... Within weeks, Azamara coalesced and redefined the per night "Cruise Point" accrual for veranda cabins from three to five cruise points/night effective with sailings on/after 1 January 2015...

Some advocated that Azamara adjust the loyalty accounts--to reflect the accrual increase--retroactively for those who sailed in an Azamara standard veranda stateroom during 2014 [as I did for 28 nights]... Azamara steadfastly declined to do so...

I like Azamara but, as you know, they do not always anticipate guest reaction or communicate well... Some things never change...

Azamara points are not transferable to RCCL.

Azamara points ARE transferable to Your Celebrity account, in fact they are more generous 5 per night in a balcony cabin on Azamara, 3 per night on Celebrity.

Unless you're in either a concierge class or aqua class balcony on a Celebrity ship in which case you also receive 5 points per night.