Additional Gratuities

ggo85

Apologize if this has been asked and answered before -- quick search didn't turn up an answer.

We did prepaid gratuities. Are additional gratuities/tips "expected" at the end of the cruise for folks such as the cabin steward, waiter? I realize that extra tips will be gladly accepted and that tipping is always up to the individual cruiser. What we want to know is whether additional tipping is something most folks do or don't do?

In our experience, the practice varies from line to line and we are new to Celebrity so don't know how it works. Thanks!

I think that lots of guests who are from countries where tipping is standard practice continue to tip even if they have paid auto tips. We usually give our room attendant a little extra. I also like to give the cleaner in the restroom a couple of dollars as I always think they are overlooked sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Depending on the service we receive we normally tip extra to our room steward ( above our prepaid tips). It is not customary to tip in my country, but some of the staff certainly go above and beyond.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Apologize if this has been asked and answered before -- quick search didn't turn up an

Thanks!

What terms did you use in your search? This topic has been beaten like a dead horse in this forum. You’ve likely started another heated debate.

FWIW. We do tip extra: for steward $10+ per day , wait staff $10+ per meal and bar staff $1-2 per drink. We will alter up or down depending on service. But it’s usually up.

Cheers.

Tom

I tried searching "additional gratuity" and "extra tip." Found lots on drink tips and drink package tips but not much on other tips. Of course, I only looked at the first couple of pages of results. I did NOT intend to stir up a hornet's nest.:o

I prepay tips. If I get exceptional service above and beyond, I give additional individual cash tips. I do it when I am alone with the recipient. If you offer a tip when the recipient is with other crew, they must turn it in to the ship tip pool. Also, if I have unspent OBC, I designate it as tips. If I cannot use it, it is better to give it to the crew than just lose it. Most people do automatic tipping or prepay. Some people opt out and extend tips at the end of the cruise. It really is up to you. I really prefer if the tips were included in the fare like Azamara.