Large group to maho ?

russandcheryl

Two taxi-vans from the Cruise Facility will handle that.

Move on to where?

Remember the big planes generally come in from around 11 until 2.

gary

Thats what I was thinking 2 taxi/van size... will probably go about 11 and then some will be going to orient beach or tour or shopping

I just did a quick check on flight arrivals on December 21.

The big one, Air France A340, is scheduled for 2:45. I've posted here where we missed it when it was about 50 minutes early.

The rest of of the larger planes appear to come in between 1:10 and 3:18.

Looks like you're there 9-6.

I hate to recommend shopping before heading out to a beach, but Robinola has a good point.

You could split up, shopping or beach for a couple hours, then meet at Maho for some planes, then back to Philipsburg for a little more shopping or directly back to the ship.

gary

Thats what I was thinking 2 taxi/van size... will probably go about 11 and then some will be going to orient beach or tour or shopping

Does the other beach have to be Orient? I would do a search on Mullet Bay beach. It's the beach past Maho 5 min by taxi and 15-20 on foot. It's a lovely beach and being on the beach beats being stuck in traffic trying to get to a beach so it's really worth considering Maho/Mullet instead of Maho/Orient.

Honestly, go for the big jets or don't bother. The Maho experience is the frenzy when the big ones arrive AND when they depart.

Looking at the plane schedule that Gary posted I would go directly to Mullet for the beach group and shopping for the others and meet at Maho at say 1 and stay for a couple of hours and head back to town or the ship.

• 3 months later...

We've used Bernard's Tours twice and you won't be disappointed. Last time we had the Mailman as our driver and he was so entertaining and informative. Our group of 18 (ages 8-65) had a wonderful time. Orient Beach is beautiful and airplane beach might be my most favorite place on Earth. They really know what they are doing and will time it right so that you get the most out of both beaches. Hope that helps and that you have fun.