Whale Watching

babs135

I asked this question in another thread but it got 'lost' among the fantastic photos of whales so I am posting it again as a separate thread.

A read of a thread about whale watching in Cabo would suggest that someone with back problems may be better off on a 'bigger' boat rather than a zodiac? Did I read that correctly? I've just been diagnosed with neck and back problems and the last thing I want to do is to 'set off' the pains that I occasionally suffer from. Have seen a surgeon who has ruled out surgery at the moment, but....

Perhaps then I would be better off paying the premium of booking a ship excursion.

Your thoughts please.

I asked this question in another thread but it got 'lost' among the fantastic photos of whales so I am posting it again as a separate thread.

A read of a thread about whale watching in Cabo would suggest that someone with back problems may be better off on a 'bigger' boat rather than a zodiac? Did I read that correctly? I've just been diagnosed with neck and back problems and the last thing I want to do is to 'set off' the pains that I occasionally suffer from. Have seen a surgeon who has ruled out surgery at the moment, but....

Perhaps then I would be better off paying the premium of booking a ship excursion.

Your thoughts please.

I think the sea conditions will be the big factor for you. If the sea is calm, the small boats will give you a smooth ride.

I suggest waiting until you get to Cabo to decide. There are always people near the dock who book tours.

If whales are close, a panga could be a better choice than a zodiac.

I think you can still book some of the bigger boats at the dock if water is rough.

A Zodiac will be bumpy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree, and a panga doesn't offer seating with back support. There are a number of medium size yachts that I think would be better for you. There is the Rissalena, Day Sail Cabo, Cabo Sails, Tropicat to name a few. Google them for reviews. I would recommend getting a reservation because the smaller boats fill up during prime whale season.