It's going to get crowded!

cbb

It just means that there will be a shortage of docking locations during low water. Their existing fleet has been marginally shallow enough in draft for years and these new ships require more water, so durng low water there will be more bus cruises.

I think, for some of the itineraries, it will also mean more "rafting" .

Ports like Rudesheim or Bamberg could be packed with people.

Thankfully Viking has their own piers at some ports, and hopefully they will build more as they add more ships.

""popular" cruises in past.Now onto off the beaten path ones that are HOPEFULLY not as packed with rafted ships at ea.port.Also glad I took the Russian,Egypt,etc.ones yrs.ago,,,would NOT GO on them now.And LOVED them both ,,,at that time.

Now TRY new itineraries before they get too popular.Still get the full balcony,but aware you might wake up with someone on their balcony 2ft.away.ahaha Somehow they NEVER SHOW THAT in the brochure.:rolleyes:

much worse than I thought,hahaha.Best to keep your blinds drawn also, have walked out of shower in the buff,to see next ship passenger literally RIGHT THERE.How embarrassing.

Also, even when going thru locks,the workers onshore can see right in room at times,,,found that out taking a nap in underwear.

Don t laugh ,,I DO GET dressed.

LIttle know facts that are NOT told.:rolleyes:

Thanks so much for all the info! :o:p Since this will be our first river cruise, I have read lots of differing reviews, and for this very reason, we decided it really wasn't worth the extra $$ for a French balcony. Yikes, we booked on the main deck and there were only 7 cabins at an incredibly good price, but our TA said the cabins had a bit more storage. So, we are hoping for the best.

Has anybody else booked the main deck with the small upper windows? If so, how was it in regard to this issue? Thanks in advance.

I was on the Viking Odin in March and we had one of those cabins. They were fine as you are hardly in your room except to sleep.

In November I was in a French Balcony on the Viking Helvetia and had the large window but we didn't have much time to be in the cabin to look out the window.

Thanks so much for all the info! :o:p Since this will be our first river cruise, I have read lots of differing reviews, and for this very reason, we decided it really wasn't worth the extra $$ for a French balcony. Yikes, we booked on the main deck and there were only 7 cabins at an incredibly good price, but our TA said the cabins had a bit more storage. So, we are hoping for the best.

Has anybody else booked the main deck with the small upper windows? If so, how was it in regard to this issue? Thanks in advance.

We were on an Avalon cruise last summer on the deck with small upper windows. We were so satisfied we are booking another in same type room for next year

We were on an Avalon cruise last summer on the deck with small upper windows. We were so satisfied we are booking another in same type room for next year

We had them for our first cruise last year, and booked this class again this year. The nickname is "Aquarium Class":D After you get tied up and go through the locks on your first cruise, you will see why having a balcony isn't worth the extra $$ to some of us.

even with the above pitfalls.Rest of time its WONDERFUL and I love and need fresh air and lots of light.And willing to pay for it.

Started with French balcony,worked my way up.Some say they re hardly in room,but all nite in dark,inc.space with no air is a killer for me.So ,,to each their own,I say.Thank God we have choices.right??

Even trying Scenic,where they have glass door that can cover full balcony and can sit out in rain.Looking forward to the room service and breakfast on balcony..:)