Is Bernard's Tour "Loud?"

chanceflight

Crazy question, but have to ask.

We've done Bernard's years ago. I remember it being a great tour. We'd like to book again, but last year in St. Thomas we did a similar tour with Sonny Liston's outfit. Great people, but the buses we rode in were painfully loud since the driver's narration was broadcasted over a speaker, resulting in hours of screeching, nerve racking noise.

For anyone that has done Bernard's tour lately, please tell me it is just normal talk with no microphones!

Ours was loud. The driver didn't know how to not *yell* his spiel. It felt like we were in an episode of Dora the Explorer, but with MORE yelling.

My son and I found the tour to be very unpleasant. Note: we are almost alone in this sentiment. most people love their tours. We thought we would be among that group. We were not.

Of course, everyone else on our tour was rather drunk thanks to the beers and rum punch. So...their enjoyment threshold was a bit lower than mine or my son's.

Just got back from a private tour with Bernard. There were 12 of us comfortably seated but the van could hold several more. The guide, Lucias, had a head set with microphone with speakers on the van. IT WAS PERFECT. Not too loud and very clear. A fabulous tour. He even somehow managed to stop the rainy drizzle at every 'getting out of the van' points.

Edited by Poohb

• 1 month later...