Haven't seen anything about food service

Well, on my one experience on Voyager last year, everything was excellent. Signatures was great, the main dining room always really nice. I also like La Veranda, which is more casual and alternates between Italian to Steakhouse.

The service I had on that ship was amazing, not sure every cruise is like that, but I guess we'll find out shortly!

I was on the voyager in september. I thought all of the eating venues had good service and good quality food. It was a nice perk to have the french and asian restuarant to spice it up. The only negative for me is that the dinners especially in the Compase rose take too long (3hrs). I found myself gravitating to LaVeranda which is partially buffet style & more casual, just so I could do something other than sit at a dinner table during the evening.

I just got off Voyager. As I commented under another thread, for the most part , service and food was very good. We had, like Jim talks about, a couple of 3 hours dinners whcih were just too long. There was a section with very good and efficient servers where we sat a few times and didn't have this problem. I don't mind a leisurely dinner, but when it's close to 3 hours that's a bit much!

Service in Compass Rose during breakfast was not very good. They weren't rude or anything, just very confused and erratic. We preferred to have breakfast and lunch at La Veranda. Dinner in Latitudes was great service , so-so food. I understand the menu of the prior week was better ( we were on the ship 16 days but only went once to Latitudes). Signatures had OK food, depending what you ordered. One time I ordered duck , it was fantastic. The following week I ordered duck again, but prepared differently and it wasn't too good. Service was very good.

All in all, the attitude of the wait staff, be at the restaurants or bars is one to please. I was very happy with it.

I got off of Voyager on November 3. Service was really good at night in all 3 specialties and pretty good in Compass Rose at night. I didn't do Compass Rose at breakfast. It was great at lunch. Breakfast service and lunch service at La Verandah and also food selection for breakfast didn't meet my expectations, but my expectations were high. Room service was nice. Extremely prompt and courteous both on the phone and upon delivery. Pool deck service was not great, either, but it was OK.

I just got off Voyager in Ft. Lauderdale on Monday. Did the crossing. Sixteen days beginning in Monte Carlo. I'd give the ship a strong A on food quality and service, the best I've experienced on my seven Regent cruises. We dined mostly in Compass Rose and found the menus excellent and the execution of similar quality. On busy nights (when everyone arrives at the same time), some of the service was slowish, but for good reason. We love to dine quite leisurely, so we welcomed the slower pace. I met a gentleman who was cruising Regent for the first time. He had previously booked most of his cruises on Seabourn, more than a hundred days, who told me he thought the food in Compass Rose compared favorably to Seabourn. I thought that high praise. For the first time, however, I found the food quality in both Signatures and Latitudes inconsistent. The service in both venues was consistently excellent. The first night we dined in Signatures I ordered escargot and it was poor, rack of lamb and it was poor, and the seafood bisque that was nearly inedible. All four of us at the table sent the bisque back to the kitchen. The next week the menu in Signatures had been changed and the food quality was back to the excellent quality we have come to take for granted. In Latitudes, we all thought the first meal we had there was the best we have ever experienced in that venue. The second time we dined there the menu had changed and not for the better. Go figure! I don't expect perfection in any dining venue. One evening in Compass Rose several of us found the anis squash soup lets just say a bit off. But the rest of the meal was smashing and the soup gave us something to laugh about. Breakfast service in Commpass Rose was perfection some of the time and a bit off at other times. It depended on who was stationed there. But overall, I was very pleased with food service. Pat

or your postings. Will respond once we get back from the cruise on the 21st of Dec. We start out on the 7th we are doing a back to back. This is our second time on Regent. Most of our cruising have been on Seabourn and Crystal. The 3 hrs for a meal is a bit much. Well we will see how things turn out. I am sure it will be great.

Archived