Fun at Cas Abou

Sea Girls

We have decided to venture out on our own and go to Cas Abou while in Curacao. If you've already been there, please help with the following questions...

1. What's the easiest way to get there? taxi, bus????

2. Are there chairs and some kind of shade that can be rented????

3. Any price information about the water toys would be appreciated... especially the banana ride and the other rides that are pulled behind a boat.

Thanks for all your help. We're just wanting a relaxing day for this port.

Check out their web site at casabaodiving.com There is a lot of information here. There is plenty of shade. You will need to rent beach chairs for 3.00 a piece. This comes with a huge shade palapa. Contact the web site and email them if you are thinking about a banana boat ride. Also, enjoy a massage at the beach. I don't believe you can get there by bus. It is about a 45 minute cab ride one way. Make sure you negotiate a pick uptime for your return. We did a private tour here with Leo, however others have indicating that the cab fare is around 60.00 one way. It is well worth it. It's a gorgeous beach and not crowded. There is a water trampoline off shore. It is fun for adults and kids. Enjoy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The price you quoted for the 45 minute cabe ride to Cas Abao Beach...is that in american dollars? $60 each way by taxi? Please clarify.

What is different about your tour with Leo to Cas Abao versus going on your own?

I'll be in Curacao in early November with NCL. I wanted to go to Cas Abao to go on wave runners, wakeboarding, and try out the water trampoline. Seems like a lot for a taxi ride there.... and Leo's services are way to comprehensive for me. How else would I get there?

Are there daily moped rentals? Can you direct me to someone/somewhere?

Thanks!!!

I'll be in Curacao in early November with NCL. I wanted to go to Cas Abao to go on wave runners, wakeboarding, and try out the water trampoline. Seems like a lot for a taxi ride there.... and Leo's services are way to comprehensive for me. How else would I get there?

Are there daily moped rentals? Can you direct me to someone/somewhere?

Thanks!!!

The taxi drivers wanted anywhere from $40-$60 each way to take you to Cas Abou. It also will take you around 45 minutes to get there. We decided to go to another beach instead. If you really want the water toys, spend the money and go. We couldn't find any other beaches with the trampoline, banana boat, etc. If you are fine with a quiet beautiful beach, then there are many others to go to. The cab fares in Curacao are outrageous no matter where you want to go. I thought they were a real rip-off. :mad:

i ended up reserving a rental car from the Avis on the cruise ship pier. It was only like $50 for the day and I don't mind driving in a foreign country. Seems like a good option.

i ended up reserving a rental car from the Avis on the cruise ship pier. It was only like $50 for the day and I don't mind driving in a foreign country. Seems like a good option.

Wish we had thought of that. :o

Since you are in a foreign country, did they give you a problem with driver license? I know in Tahiti they were strict in some areas about making you take a driver's test before renting cars.

Was the beach easy to find? Did you have enough time to come back and shop?

the beach looks amazing. like Rum Point in the Caymans.

Nancy

• 4 weeks later...

I am traveling with a large group (40) and we think this beach is just what we are looking for. What would be the best way for all of us to get there? We are not interested in renting cars (the adults plan on drinking) so that's out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Archived