Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

I tried just posting a general thread, but had no response - so I'm trying here ... does anyone know if this is an OK room? Any noise from overhead? I've never stayed on the Main deck before - always stayed on Empress so I'm a little worried (but any day on a ship is better than work).

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,

2277 is an oceanview CONNECTING cabin. You are under the guest service desk-- pursers desk) you wont hear nothing from that area.

when is your cruise?

We have booked room A345 and I noticed it is under the a pool area. Anyone know about this room? Two years ago we booked an inside room on the NCL Pearl under the pool and it was great. Of course there were not too many people swimming at night because of the cold temps.;)

Edited by howell

2277 is an oceanview CONNECTING cabin. You are under the guest service desk-- pursers desk) you wont hear nothing from that area.

when is your cruise?

Serene,

We are cruising March 28, 2009. Never had a connecting cabin before - since we aren't sailing with the other party, will it be possible to hear more things from the adjoining cabin than normal?

When I booked my TA said there were only 2 OV available this and 2426 (I think). I though that 2426 might have noise from either the galley or dining area.

Thanks for the info..

Serene,

We are cruising March 28, 2009. Never had a connecting cabin before - since we aren't sailing with the other party, will it be possible to hear more things from the adjoining cabin than normal?

When I booked my TA said there were only 2 OV available this and 2426 (I think). I though that 2426 might have noise from either the galley or dining area.

Thanks for the info..

depends how noisy the people are next door- If they are old and cant hear the tv will be turned up quite loud. They might be a young honeymoon couple and you hear nothing.

Call your agent- this sailing has free upgrades-

Most cabins available are under the dining room-- not the galley. (when talking to the TA have the deck plans opened for when she is telling you about whats available.

Two goodies will be 2437 but looking at the deck plan look at 2474 how big the cabin space is.. You may get vibration /shuddering when leaving or entering a port.

PS- 2426 is a good choice- it is located outside the area of the galley

Edited by serene56

Inside cabins that sleep 2 people each- no sofa but will have a chair.

VERY ark 24 hours a day= take an alarm clock or set the phone for a wake up call- very easy to sleep away the morning.

Come out of your cabin and turn right-- go all the way to the aft elvators to get you to the food/pools.

Depending on what dining room you have--- IF you have the aft dining room--again take the aft elevator to the dining room-its the only one that takes you there.

Cabins are midship=between decks of cabin space and away from public spaces.

Do NOT live out of suit cases-- unpack and store the suitcases under the bed.

Order room service--its free. Tip a buck or two when its delivered.

Try dining room for breakfast and lunch at least once during the week

Thank You soooo much for your response, That's kinda what I expected. Doesn't sound too bad for us as we don't expect to spend to much time in the cabin. Thank you again.

depends how noisy the people are next door- If they are old and cant hear the tv will be turned up quite loud. They might be a young honeymoon couple and you hear nothing.

Call your agent- this sailing has free upgrades-

Most cabins available are under the dining room-- not the galley. (when talking to the TA have the deck plans opened for when she is telling you about whats available.

Two goodies will be 2437 but looking at the deck plan look at 2474 how big the cabin space is.. You may get vibration /shuddering when leaving or entering a port.

PS- 2426 is a good choice- it is located outside the area of the galley

How do you check what rooms are available or if upgrades are available (or is this something only a TA can do)? My TA is off until Tuesday, but I'll call him then. Thanks for the info.

How do you check what rooms are available or if upgrades are available (or is this something only a TA can do)? My TA is off until Tuesday, but I'll call him then. Thanks for the info.

anyone can check-- go to carnival web site--click on FUNSHIPS then click on your ship-- scroll down to the bottom and click on your sailing--your date. Make believe you are booking a cruise-- type in how many passengers- you will see ALL oceanviews are getting upgraded to a cat 6D. clicking on oceanview will show you some thats available--doesnt mean that what you see is all you get--there are more-

you can do this on any booking engines to see too

anyone can check-- go to carnival web site--click on FUNSHIPS then click on your ship-- scroll down to the bottom and click on your sailing--your date. Make believe you are booking a cruise-- type in how many passengers- you will see ALL oceanviews are getting upgraded to a cat 6D. clicking on oceanview will show you some thats available--doesnt mean that what you see is all you get--there are more-

you can do this on any booking engines to see too

I went to the ********** website and was able to see all junior suites available for my cruise. I switched my aft junior suite to an aft junior suite that was on the end so that I only have one neighbor.

I would love any insight about this room. It is under the pool area from what I can tell. It has an extended balcony and I know that if you look straight down you can see the lifeboats. I really am fine with the lifeboat view since I will be sitting in a lounger enjoying the breezes and the sun I hope.

I went to the ********** website and was able to see all junior suites available for my cruise. I switched my aft junior suite to an aft junior suite that was on the end so that I only have one neighbor.

I hope you took any cabin other then on deck 5--that is not a good choice

I am booked in room 8100 on Pearl in Feb '09. Anyone have any info on this cabin. I know it is a handicapped cabin, but I specifically want to know if still has a double bed and what obstruction the view is? Also porthole or window? Thanks for any info.

We are attempting to book a cruise that is only 3 weeks away and don't have a lot of cabin choices remaining. The ship is Carnival Ecstasy and the OV cabins available are on Empress deck. Never stayed on this deck...is it noisy? One of the rooms available is 67E, another is below the dining room galley and then one in the aft area that shows what appears to be a rear stairwell. I would really appreciate any information anyone might have. Thanks!!!

We are attempting to book a cruise that is only 3 weeks away and don't have a lot of cabin choices remaining. The ship is Carnival Ecstasy and the OV cabins available are on Empress deck. Never stayed on this deck...is it noisy? One of the rooms available is 67E, another is below the dining room galley and then one in the aft area that shows what appears to be a rear stairwell. I would really appreciate any information anyone might have. Thanks!!!

I would not take a cabin under a galley for any price. The dining room is carpeted so you should be fine with any cabin under that area.

We have just got off Brilliance OTS. On a previous sailing we had cabin 4059. We loved the location, close to the lifts and under the shops so no noise at night.We did not have any issues with music from the Centrum as that finished by midnight. When I was choosing our cabin for the Brilliance sailing of 5th and 16th Jan 09 that cabin wasn't available so I chose 4053, only 4 doors down , WHAT A DIFFERENCE !! There is a display area in the centre of the shops where they have the 'specials' which is not carpeted but a marble floor,early every morning we heard carts being moved across it which sounded like a train coming through!!. Sometimes this would wake us at 3am !! BUYER BEWARE.

DO NOT book cabin 1327 or the one adjoining it on the Conquest. We could hear like water running all night. Come to find out, that is where the sewer pipes are and the water was the continuous flushing of toilets.:eek: My sister said it sounded like a roller coaster coming thru the cabin.

CKM:confused:

DO NOT book cabin 1327 or the one adjoining it on the Conquest. We could hear like water running all night. Come to find out, that is where the sewer pipes are and the water was the continuous flushing of toilets.:eek: My sister said it sounded like a roller coaster coming thru the cabin.

CKM:confused:

how odd-

Did you make a complaint at the pursers desk? Was anything done to rectify that noise situation or did you just accept it?

Serene56

I noticed you've had 2473 on the conquest. can you tell me if it has a conv. sofa & if it is a single or doubble.

thanks

the room sleeps two bed-- two twin beds. there is a sofa in the room- it does not convert to a bed. the room only holds two people.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2131028670040287513EfoJxb

this person has the cabin in their album.

Serene56, I asked you about 5107 on the Carnival Pride, a while back, after more research at the deck plan, now I'm worried about the Show room, with rehearsals, etc. We are night owls, so the shows at night wouldn't be a problem, but we like to sleep in, so I wouldn't want to hear the band,dancers, singers at 7:00 in the morning, practicing. We will be sleeping in that room for 14 days and I don't want there to be a problem. Thanks for your help.

Serene56, I asked you about 5107 on the Carnival Pride, a while back, after more research at the deck plan, now I'm worried about the Show room, with rehearsals, etc. We are night owls, so the shows at night wouldn't be a problem, but we like to sleep in, so I wouldn't want to hear the band,dancers, singers at 7:00 in the morning, practicing. We will be sleeping in that room for 14 days and I don't want there to be a problem. Thanks for your help.

This class ship IS the best on the waters when it comes to soundproofing their cabins.

A few things for you to do once onboard-- stand in your cabin with the door opened-- then close it. WOW. When we sailed the Miracle outside our cabin door was the meeting place for the cabin stewards-- never knew they were there until we opened the door.

Another test-- go stand outside the disco-- when its opened.

Outside the disco is a jazz band- you hear ever note of the jazz playing- then step inside the revolving doors to the disco-- wow.

Even on the Rveria deck aft-- there is the bottom floor of the disco. and in the hall you hear nothing.

So to answer your question- No you wont hear dancers practicing.