What to do with luggage if late flight from HNL after cruise?

cidymom

Hi there. Our cruise ship docks early in the morning in HNL. I can't find an earlier flight out than 8:50pm. What can one do with their luggage if they want to sightsee/shop without renting a car? Any suggestions? Are there any hotels who will store your luggage for the day or something like that? Thanks in advance to all for your input.

There is a storage area at the pier. THey charge $5 for each piece you leave with them. Everything must be picked back up before 6 PM.

If you sign up for the Hop on Hop Off bus with NCL the storage is free.

Here is what NCL is offering:

AlohaBus & Luggage Storage

"Experience the city sights open-air style on Hawaii’s newest fleet of double decker buses, the AlohaBus. Our City Loop will tour you through Waikiki, and next you’ll be onto the shopping districts of Ala Moana and the Ward area. Then you’ll carry on through the rich culture of the city, stopping at the famous King Kamehameha Statue, Iolani Palace, and the oldest Chinatown in the United States. Our GPS-activated narration provides you background into our culture, the sights along the route and plenty of Hawaiian story-telling. The possibilities are endless … so hop on and enjoy your day. The bus will pick up and drop off at the Pier every 20 minutes until 6pm. Note: Guests are responsible for ensuring their debarkation tours are compatible with their flight departure times. Guests have the option to book their flights through our Premium Air Department to ensure that flight departure times do not interfere with debark tours. Due to heightened security, absolutely no purses, backpacks, fanny packs or camera cases are allowed at Pearl Harbor. Cameras are permitted, but not camera cases. Snacks will be available for purchase. Price includes Hop-on, Hop-off Access and luggage storage at the cruise ship terminal. All pieces of luggage stored must be claimed by 6pm. Transportation to airport, hotel or guest’s final destination will be on their own."

Approx. Duration: 3 hrs

Adult Pricing: $34*

Child Pricing: $19*

Also available through NCL at the Waikiki Marriot:

Post Day rooms are now available for your enjoyment of every minute of your vacation. Avoid long layovers at the airport. Our day rooms give you the perfect opportunity to explore the city without the hassle of your luggage or simply relax and enjoy this resort before your long trip home."

There was no price listed on the website for this service.

Aloha

• 2 weeks later...
Here is what NCL is offering:

AlohaBus & Luggage Storage

"Experience the city sights open-air style on Hawaii’s newest fleet of double decker buses, the AlohaBus. Our City Loop will tour you through Waikiki, and next you’ll be onto the shopping districts of Ala Moana and the Ward area. Then you’ll carry on through the rich culture of the city, stopping at the famous King Kamehameha Statue, Iolani Palace, and the oldest Chinatown in the United States. Our GPS-activated narration provides you background into our culture, the sights along the route and plenty of Hawaiian story-telling. The possibilities are endless … so hop on and enjoy your day. The bus will pick up and drop off at the Pier every 20 minutes until 6pm. Note: Guests are responsible for ensuring their debarkation tours are compatible with their flight departure times. Guests have the option to book their flights through our Premium Air Department to ensure that flight departure times do not interfere with debark tours. Due to heightened security, absolutely no purses, backpacks, fanny packs or camera cases are allowed at Pearl Harbor. Cameras are permitted, but not camera cases. Snacks will be available for purchase. Price includes Hop-on, Hop-off Access and luggage storage at the cruise ship terminal. All pieces of luggage stored must be claimed by 6pm. Transportation to airport, hotel or guest’s final destination will be on their own."

Approx. Duration: 3 hrs

Adult Pricing: $34*

Child Pricing: $19*

Also available through NCL at the Waikiki Marriot:

Post Day rooms are now available for your enjoyment of every minute of your vacation. Avoid long layovers at the airport. Our day rooms give you the perfect opportunity to explore the city without the hassle of your luggage or simply relax and enjoy this resort before your long trip home."

There was no price listed on the website for this service.

Aloha

can you tell me where you found the post day room info on the ncl... I can't find it.

can you tell me where you found the post day room info on the ncl... I can't find it.

Contact the Hilton Waikiki Prince Kuhio Hotel about a day room. Thats the hotel NCL uses and its cheaper if you do it on your own. If they don't have anything available I suggest the Aqua Palms Hotel. Several Waikiki hotels offer day rooms.

Contact the Hilton Waikiki Prince Kuhio Hotel about a day room. Thats the hotel NCL uses and its cheaper if you do it on your own. If they don't have anything available I suggest the Aqua Palms Hotel. Several Waikiki hotels offer day rooms.

Thank you for your help...have been having problems finding a day room...

Thank you for your help...have been having problems finding a day room...

Sometimes hotels don't know their inventory till the day before. The Aqua Palms is the best value hotel in Waikiki IMHO and its across the street from the Hilton Hawaiian Village. If you can't find a day room, you can always call them (or their sister properties) and see if you can book a room for the night (as low as $75) for the night but with early check-in.

James

I found it under hotel accommodations (Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort Beach and Spa). Here's the link:

http://www2.ncl.com/cruise-destination/hawaii/hotel#tab_detail

Aloha

We still don't have a day room when we get off the ship on July 14th. We called ncl and they say they don't have any day room for that day. We called aqua palms they say they don't do day rooms but to call tomorrow and talk to someone named Eric and see what he can do. The Hilton hawaiian village can offer us a day room for the price of $260.00 from 7am to 5pm. I feel this is very expensive it's more then we are paying for 4 nights before our cruise at the outrigger on the beach. Any more suggestions?? I need a day room!!! Thanks for all your help all of you have given us. We really appreciate it.

Debbie

We still don't have a day room when we get off the ship on July 14th. We called ncl and they say they don't have any day room for that day. We called aqua palms they say they don't do day rooms but to call tomorrow and talk to someone named Eric and see what he can do. The Hilton hawaiian village can offer us a day room for the price of $260.00 from 7am to 5pm. I feel this is very expensive it's more then we are paying for 4 nights before our cruise at the outrigger on the beach. Any more suggestions?? I need a day room!!! Thanks for all your help all of you have given us. We really appreciate it.

Debbie

Wow! Prices are redic that weekend. The Aqua Palms which is normally $90 a night range is over 200. If you are ok with only having the room from 3pm till 7pm for your flight (you can drop off luggage before) I would suggest doing priceline name your own price as a bag up plan.

I don't know if you considered these options. NCL has a Pearl Harbor and Honolulu tour and a Grand Circle tour the morning of debarkation. The Pearl Harbor/Honolulu tour is a 6 hour tour and the costs $59 for adults; $39 for children. The Grand Circle tour is an 8 hour tour and costs $99 for adults and $59 for children). Afterwards, you and your luggage will be dropped off at the airport. Both tours start at 8 AM, which would put you at the airport at 2PM and 4PM, respectively.

The only issues I see that you might have is the cost and the time you'll have afterwards hanging around the airport. ;)

Aloha

I don't know if you considered these options. NCL has a Pearl Harbor and Honolulu tour and a Grand Circle tour the morning of debarkation. The Pearl Harbor/Honolulu tour is a 6 hour tour and the costs $59 for adults; $39 for children. The Grand Circle tour is an 8 hour tour and costs $99 for adults and $59 for children). Afterwards, you and your luggage will be dropped off at the airport. Both tours start at 8 AM, which would put you at the airport at 2PM and 4PM, respectively.

The only issues I see that you might have is the cost and the time you'll have afterwards hanging around the airport. ;)

Aloha

That would be great but we are doing a tour on Thursday before we get on the ship. We are flying in on July 3rd and have tours set up for both Thursday and Friday. I really would love to have a day room when we get off the ship on the 14th. We would need to be out and heading to the airport by 3pm. Looking for something from 8am-3pm. We might have to bite the bullet and go to the Hilton.

• 7 months later...
http://www.alohaairportdeliveryandstorage.com/Home_Page.php

We used them a couple of weeks ago and it was great. Just call when you get off the ship and they pick it up. Call later when you get to the airport and they bring your luggage to the terminal.

thanks for this tip. So much better then an room for one day in waikiki!!

Our TA booked us a day room through NCL at the Mariott for $ 125 pp. Expensive. BUT, they transfer you and your luggage to the hotel upon disembarkation. We will probably hand-carry our swimsuits and toiletries so there is no delay in grabbing a spot on the beach. We thought it was a good way to have a relaxed day before we fly home, and loved the idea of having a nice lunch and a hot shower before we head to the airport.

Jennifer

• 5 years later...
http://www.alohaairportdeliveryandstorage.com/Home_Page.php

We used them a couple of weeks ago and it was great. Just call when you get off the ship and they pick it up. Call later when you get to the airport and they bring your luggage to the terminal.

We used this service as well after our PoA cruise last April. Worked like a charm!

Once our luggage was picked up at the port we just called for an Uber and went to Waikiki and AlaMoana Shopping Center.