Canopy Tour ?? (MoBay)

FSUSammy

Hey everyone. We'll be doing the Canopy Tour in MoBay in a little over a week. I was wondering what we should wear. Bathing suit? Shorts/pants/capris?

Will I be able to carry my backpack or should I buy something smaller to put our stuff in?

Thanks!

Sam

Shorts and tank top or short sleeve shirt. It can get very warm but with the safety gear on and harnesses, you don't want to be in a bathing suit. Good tennis shoes - a short walk is involved. We wore fanny packs.

Have a great time. This was our favorite excursion!

-Pam

Hi to everyone out there....I am traveling to Montego Bay in August........on FOS. I am thinking about the Canopy Tour but am very nervous about it.....is it very difficult........does anyone have any pictures? The climb up.is it straight up on a ladder? My niece really wants to do it and I want to build up the "courage" to take her.LOL

Any help would be appreciated

Barbara

We did 'The Original Canopy Tour' when our ship docked in Ocho Rios last March. We wore shorts and t-shirts. Don't forget to apply bug spray (Deep Woods works well).

This tour was loads of fun, but if you're on the same one, watch out for the two vertical drops! :D

TravelingBabsNY - Just got off the FOS today and did the Canopy tour. The climb isn't that bad and its actually on a hill and at times there are steps, no ladders. I haven't uploaded my pictures yet but as soon as I do I'll put a post up on this board to share. Oh and its not that hard at all, well worth the money!

Sam

DH did this tour and loved it! You will want a small backpack or fannypack so that you can keep your hands free. Enjoy!

Since you did this tour, can you tell

1. How long did it take to get to actual tour starting point?

2. Was it very crowded and long lines to zip?

3. Are there lots of bugs that "bite" you while waiting?

4. I know it is in the jungle, but do you actually see creepy bugs, like spiders and such?

We are having a super hard time deciding whether to take our 11/13 boy/girl on this exercusion or not.

thanks

232271 - We did the tour last week. It was fabulous!!! As for your questions:

1. It took about 30-45 minutes to actually get to the tour starting point. The drivers we had talked about stuff along the way and pointed things out to us so it made the drive fun.

2. They split our group of 40 into 3 smaller groups. There would be lines to zip but it wasn't that bad.

3. There are bugs but they have a spray you can put on when you check in, or you can spray your own stuff before you leave the ship (which is what we did).

4. Didn't see any creepy bugs.

We went with my 12 year old brother and he had a blast. He was scared at first (but so was I) but in the end he was zipping like crazy and loving it. It's an awesome experience.

Sam

Archived