Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

It was suggested by Kelnac that we list our winning bids at hotels. We could list them wih dates and areas. I pasted some answers from another thread so we could start out with summaries from any winning bid from any port.:D

icon1.gifFt Lauderdale Priceline "Winning Bids"

Hi Everyone,

I thought it may be nice to start a Priceline, Hotwire, or Easyclick winning bid thread. If everyone lists the hotels they are picking up it may be helpful to others.

We could use this format??

Date: December 31, 2006 (New Years)

Number of nights: 1 (post cruise)

Hotel: Westin Fort Lauderdale

Rating: 4 star

Area: Ft Lauderdale north

Site: Priceline

Winning Bid: $95

Taxes & Service Fees: $19.17

Maybe every so often we could but together a summary page of dates and winning bids. If this works well we could have a thread for each cruise port.

Enjoy!

Kel

icon1.gif

I think it's a great idea.

I have been bidding unsuccessfully for Cocoa Beach hotels for the last 4 days. I would love to hear what others are bidding and getting approval for:

June 16-18, 2006

3star

Cocoa Beach area only

Been denied at 80, 85,90, and 95.00

icon1.gif

Just got on Priceling

95.00 per night-2 nights

Doubletree HOtel Oceanfront-Cocoa Beach

Tried several times at 80,85,90 and today at 95.00

Accepted!!!

icon1.gif

WINNING BIDS (A SUMMARY):

1) FLL -- 12/31/06 -- Westin Ft Lauderdale -- priceline -- $95

2) Coco Beach -- 6/16-18/06 -- Doubletree Oceanfront Res -- priceline -- $95

3) FLL -- 7/8/06 -- Westin Ft Lauderdale --priceline -- $100

4) FLL -- 1/13/07 -- Ramada Plaza Beach Res -- Hotwire -- $145

On another board I saw someone got the Caribe Hilton in San Juan for Feb. 18, 07 already. I have been unsuccessfully trying for Feb. 22-25th. Going 3 days prior to cruise so maybe this is why, since trying for 3 days. I do have a backup reservation but would like a better price at a resort!!!!! I'll keep ya posted!!:)

On another board I saw someone got the Caribe Hilton in San Juan for Feb. 18, 07 already. I have been unsuccessfully trying for Feb. 22-25th. Going 3 days prior to cruise so maybe this is why, since trying for 3 days. I do have a backup reservation but would like a better price at a resort!!!!! I'll keep ya posted!!:)

What was the winning bid, please?

Also - about how far in advance of the booking date have people been successful with their bids?

Maddle

I just got the Radisson Downtown Miami for $70.00 night on Priceline. Rooms directly through Radisson are going for $145 and up. I called the hotel and got my request of a room on an upper level with port views. All rooms have floor to ceiling windows. I've heard mixed reviews (some love it, some hate it) about the hotel and area, but it seems that no matter where you go or how you travel, reviews are always mixed. ;)

I got the Doubletree in Cocoa Beach for $80 for the night of June 17th, the night before our Sensation Cruise.Taxes and fees $17.17 for a grand total of $97.17. We bid back on 4/11/06. I know someone else got it about the same time for $85.

steve

Maddle,

Some have been successful months away from their dates. However, you will likely get the BEST prices if you wait until the last minute to bid on Priceline. (Always have a cancellable backup, though!)

Good luck!

Coleen :)

I just got the Radisson Downtown Miami for $70.00 night on Priceline. Rooms directly through Radisson are going for $145 and up. I called the hotel and got my request of a room on an upper level with port views. All rooms have floor to ceiling windows. I've heard mixed reviews (some love it, some hate it) about the hotel and area, but it seems that no matter where you go or how you travel, reviews are always mixed. ;)

Could you tell us what date you got this for? It really helps to know.:D

In my opinion, $70 for the Radisson is a good price but not the best that can be gotten for a 3* hotel. If you also check winning bids on biddingfortravel you'll see that someone got the Radisson for $60 for May. I'm not saying that you shouldn't bid early...just don't get caught up in bidding that you end up paying too much! :)

The dates I got were June 23-25 and again on July 2. I booked through Priceline last week. I know that I probably could've gotten a bit lower if I had waited until the last minute, but I will be spending the 10 days before our cruise from Miami in Walt Disney World. I was afraid I'd forget to hop on Priceline while at D.W. When looking at hotels on my own, I found very few for under $150.00. Being that I'm doing such a long trip and spending so much already, I didn't want to get stuck using my back up plan and spending so much on the Miami hotel, so I just went for it.

Booked hotel on Priceline in April for Sept 9

Four Star hotel

Bid $90 per night (sorry, cant' remember taxes)

Downtown Miami

Won Hyatt Regency

This thread would have come in handy when I was trying to decide what to bid and for where.

Good idea.

Thanks for posting these winning bids. I believe it is a great help to others. Now if someone would just poat a winning bid for Miami...Jan 21 & 22, 2007:rolleyes:

I just recently booked the Intercontinental on Priceline for 1 night precruise 9/30/06 for $95 plus taxes and fees (we bid on a resort). We were very happy to get a resort precruise for around $100! Hope everyone gets as lucky as we were!!!!!:D

I won the Hawaii Prince Hotel w/a bid of $150.00 - Not cheap, but better than booking thru any other site.:o

What date?

How many nights?

What rating?

Which Zone???

Am I starting to sound like the moderator in biddingfortravel??

Archived