Binoculars

doglover3

I just found this - https://www.theroamingboomers.com/how-to-choose-the-right-stateroom-cabin-suite-on-a-viking-ocean-cruise/. Binoculars are provided in all staterooms except Veranda. The question then is how to interpret "in-suite binoculars"? You can only use them in your cabin? But how would they know you've been so bold as to wear and use them elsewhere on board the ship or gasp! carried them off the ship? That's a good question. I'm in an email conversation right now with a Viking rep on a different topic. I could toss that into the queue. Shall I? I think I will. Stay tuned. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They are small binoculars for you to take with you on excursions, etc. They are not a gift and you are expected to leave them in the cabin when you depart. You will find them in the vanity section of the desk. No binoculars in the V cabins, only DV and above.

The binoculars are in the black case.

enhance

There is actually a list in the stateroom for how much you will be charged if items are missing...ie the soap dish, the tray for drinks, binoculars, hair dryer, robes, etc....

Never ceases to amaze me the number amd kinds of things folks swipe from hotel rooms. Altho - I must confess - I'm one of those who does make off with shower caps and really nice soaps (the limit of my thievery). In the case of the latter, if they keep bringing new soap bars each day, I either scoop up the new ones into my suitcase each day OR stack them up by the sink. At the end of the week, I toss the lot in my suitcase. I really miss Hyatt's white juniper soap; they're using something else now. Sniff!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks everyone for your input. We may end up having to bring our own since we are in a V1 GTY, so we may not know if we've been upgraded until we get to the pier. I was just hoping to lighten our packing load, as we prefer to travel with carry-on only. I'm sure we will still be able to manage. Now we just have to hope that electronics are still allowed in carry-on! But that's another conversation!

CharTrav, if you get any additional input from Viking, I'd love to hear what they have to say. Thanks.

They are small binoculars for you to take with you on excursions, etc. They are not a gift and you are expected to leave them in the cabin when you depart. You will find them in the vanity section of the desk. No binoculars in the V cabins, only DV and above.

The binoculars are in the black case.

enhance

To add to Peregrina's answer, Explorer Suites and Penthouse Junior Suites have full sized binoculars (described by Viking as "Premium in-suite binoculars") instead of the compact ones shown in the picture above.

;);)

To add to Peregrina's answer, Explorer Suites and Penthouse Junior Suites have full sized binoculars (described by Viking as "Premium in-suite binoculars") instead of the compact ones shown in the picture above.

I can't imagine that we'll be lucky enough to go from our V1 GTY to a Penthouse Junior Suite, but that sure would be nice, for many reasons!:D

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Viking Sea in March in a penthouse veranda with the small binoculars. We didn't bring our own binoculars because there was a pair in the cabin. We were so disappointed with the quality of the Viking provided small binoculars. We are traveling on the Viking Sky in August in a PV room again and we will bring our own binoculars this time.

• 2 weeks later...

The included small binoculars are practically worthless---barely better than my own glasses! Take your own if you can. And we laughed when we read the list of what Viking would charge you if items went missing from your cabin--any guesses on the most expensive item??? The tissue holder will set you back $250.

The included small binoculars are practically worthless---barely better than my own glasses! Take your own if you can. And we laughed when we read the list of what Viking would charge you if items went missing from your cabin--any guesses on the most expensive item??? The tissue holder will set you back $250.

To make even the mere thought of taking those items so painful you don't do it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Never ceases to amaze me the number amd kinds of things folks swipe from hotel rooms. Altho - I must confess - I'm one of those who does make off with shower caps and really nice soaps (the limit of my thievery). In the case of the latter, if they keep bringing new soap bars each day, I either scoop up the new ones into my suitcase each day OR stack them up by the sink. At the end of the week, I toss the lot in my suitcase. I really miss Hyatt's white juniper soap; they're using something else now. Sniff!

One of the less-cherished Yogi Berra quotes is:

The towels were so thick there I could hardly close my suitcase!

• 1 year later...
One of the less-cherished Yogi Berra quotes is:

The towels were so thick there I could hardly close my suitcase!

Haha, good one. Another Berra-ism appropriate to travelers going to tourist hot spots; "No one goes there any more, it's too crowded". :cool:

the binoc's in a DV cabin are toys ....

forr reference: there was a document in the room with a price list for things you 'might like to have as your own' ....

you know, towels and the like that disappear.

I recall the toothbrush holder - a china sort of a thing was valued at $100

the binoculars $10 ......

I had decided no to bring any as there would be some in the room ..... bad move for me.

(SKY, July)