Today - 9/9/18 -- there should be 3 ships in Juneau

kenphy

Weather (both forecast and webcam view) look great. While winds are 25-35 mph (expected to diminish) ships docked successfully in greater winds. Strange

PTZ (webcam operator) just tweeted that it's due to winds. Must be higher than what their weather link is showing.

Roy

I’m on the Explorer now and we were the only ship to make it into Juneau yesterday. The captain waited out the winds to see if they would die down. We were about one to two hours late getting in.

We are in Skagway today and word is that they didn’t make it into Juneau again today. There is a Princess ship that docked after 11:45 here that was supposed to go to Juneau today.

Yup, it was windy here, blowing directly off the docks! I took the ferry from Skagway and passed both ships on the way. It was quite a “sporty” ride. That’s what you get with weather in September. Temperatures have been well above normal though, and it’s not raining, so really no one should complain.

We were on the Millennium and cancelled Juneau that day due to high winds. We ended up in Skagway instead, getting in around 1 pm. We went into Juneau the 10th instead and had a beautiful day--so just flip flopped the ports. Temps were in the low 70's and no wind really at all, so it all worked out.

There was a lot of scrambling to change tours and stuff but the staff did an great job I felt getting things organized.

Wow - we were in Juneau the day before (Sept 8 on Sojourn) and the weather was great- no wind, a little light rain on and off. Forget a week - it can take less than an hour for the weather to change ;p

We had beautiful weather almost the entire 11 days....

I was on the Coral Princess, too, when we missed Juneau on the 9th. We were disappointed to not get to visit the Mendenhall, but we had a wonderful extra relaxing day at sea. FYI - a crew member told me that was the first time they missed the Juneau port call this entire season. So, I wouldn't be concerned about that happening a lot.