Fantasy Fest?

djandnic

So it looks like our cruise will be stopping in Key West during Fantasy Fest; there from 1:00 to 7:00pm. Has anyone been to Key West during Fantasy Fest and if so is there much going on during those hours? Thanks for the information.:confused:

Yikes, I never thought about the ship stopping there during it.

I was going to start a post about this very thing -- but not about porting there. We are cruising to Cuba and making a stop in Key West on 10/13/2019. But my question is what is Key West like if you go right after it ends? We are staying in Key West for a week either pre or post cruise, and it looks like the fest is there for 10 days. Is the town pretty much trashed until they finish clean up at the end? Thanks.

So it looks like our cruise will be stopping in Key West during Fantasy Fest; there from 1:00 to 7:00pm. Has anyone been to Key West during Fantasy Fest and if so is there much going on during those hours? Thanks for the information.:confused:

Here's the schedule http://www.fantasyfest.com/schedule/ what activities will of course depend on what day you are there.

Having been many times to Fantasy Fest I will say, every day has different parties and different themes. As posted above, check the link to the schedule to see the day you are there. Some days are more popular, but most of the costumes and painting occur in the late evening. Sunday Oct 21 is the Zombie Bike Ride, a family event that starts at 6pm, but you may see some costumes and painted faces that day. Tuesday Oct 23 is Tu-Tu Tuesday so those will be out all day. The exceptions are Thursday Oct 25, which is the Naughty Bike Ride down Duval Street to Smokin' Tuna at 1pm. (have never been to it, so no idea about it but they will have body painting) and on Friday Oct 26 is Duval Streets mile-long eater-tainment extravaganza featuring arts and crafts, food vendors, lively libations and costumed frivolity; Noon-10pm so you never know what you will see. Street party map here. Keep in mind that there is a Code of Conduct and party zone for Friday and Saturday. Link here.

Also there are no glass containers allowed in the party zone and the bars and restaurants will have plastic or paper cup for carry out drinks. Some of the food at street fair is very good for those that are on Rotterdam on Friday. I will add a couple of pics.

Wyoming..They clean up every night and it is never really trashed, so either week before or after you will never know it was there, except the week after, there maybe a few signs still on the buildings.

359333040_duval38.JPG.290e55aeb327b70a682c5d3e98c32ebd.JPG

1619351968_duval42.JPG.9f67abd0d97d5e26fec20e7f4aa2e616.JPG

1651330766_duval43.JPG.d934d7377cb85bb2e06b9668afc20d2e.JPG

Having been many times to Fantasy Fest I will say, every day has different parties and different themes. As posted above, check the link to the schedule to see the day you are there. Some days are more popular, but most of the costumes and painting occur in the late evening. Sunday Oct 21 is the Zombie Bike Ride, a family event that starts at 6pm, but you may see some costumes and painted faces that day. Tuesday Oct 23 is Tu-Tu Tuesday so those will be out all day. The exceptions are Thursday Oct 25, which is the Naughty Bike Ride down Duval Street to Smokin' Tuna at 1pm. (have never been to it, so no idea about it but they will have body painting) and on Friday Oct 26 is Duval Streets mile-long eater-tainment extravaganza featuring arts and crafts, food vendors, lively libations and costumed frivolity; Noon-10pm so you never know what you will see. Street party map here. Keep in mind that there is a Code of Conduct and party zone for Friday and Saturday. Link here.

Also there are no glass containers allowed in the party zone and the bars and restaurants will have plastic or paper cup for carry out drinks. Some of the food at street fair is very good for those that are on Rotterdam on Friday. I will add a couple of pics.

Wyoming..They clean up every night and it is never really trashed, so either week before or after you will never know it was there, except the week after, there maybe a few signs still on the buildings.

Thanks much. Since the cruise ends 10/23 and we wouldn't go to Key West until 10/28, it pushes our vacation too far out. I think we will do it pre-cruise. Only problem is we won't know what to leave to do when the ship ports there LOL