My Time Dining Reservations

p-helps

Hi, I will be travelling on Ovation of the Seas in November and have My Time Dining. I'm just wondering if we pre book all of our My Time Dining reservations online but once on board decide one day we just want to go the buffet for dinner, how easy will it be to cancel the reservation?

Thanks

Hi, I will be travelling on Ovation of the Seas in November and have My Time Dining. I'm just wondering if we pre book all of our My Time Dining reservations online but once on board decide one day we just want to go the buffet for dinner, how easy will it be to cancel the reservation?

Thanks

All you have to do is visit or call the MTD desk to cancel. Phone number will be in your Cruise Compass.

I read that the wait for My Time Dining can be long vs. a set time. I already made my My Time Dining reservations for when the dining room opens. Why would my wait be longer?

Sometimes dinner takes longer than expected and tables don't open up by the reservation time..

Just wondering, my wife and I have My Time dining but we haven't made any reservations for the simple reason we are more than happy to share with other people at dinner. I'm assuming this is an option and we won't have to wait for a table for two to become available?

We had a 7PM reservation for every night on our last cruise ,arrived at 6:20 every night and were seated immediately,

I was wondering if you could just show up earlier than your MTD reservation time. On one night of our upcoming cruise, the only choice left for MTD was 7:45. We want to eat earlier than that because of a show reservation. Can we just show up at say, 6:30? Or, do we have to try to change that reservation time once on the ship?

Just wondering, my wife and I have My Time dining but we haven't made any reservations for the simple reason we are more than happy to share with other people at dinner. I'm assuming this is an option and we won't have to wait for a table for two to become available?

You would be assuming that there are others at that precise time who have a larger table and wish to share their table. No way of predicting.

I was wondering if you could just show up earlier than your MTD reservation time. On one night of our upcoming cruise, the only choice left for MTD was 7:45. We want to eat earlier than that because of a show reservation. Can we just show up at say, 6:30? Or, do we have to try to change that reservation time once on the ship?

You do not have to have reservations.... so, yes, you can just show up...BUT...you may have a longer than normal wait.

You would be assuming that there are others at that precise time who have a larger table and wish to share their table. No way of predicting.

Thanks. It's our first time with Royal Caribbean so not sure what the situation is. With P&O, who we usually cruise with, we turn up and register at the desk. They usually ask if we are happy to share, to which we say yes, and then wait for a table to come free.

We usually make reservations on the early side (6:00 or 6:30 most nights unless we have a later port departure), and then when we check in, the hostess asks if we want to share. If they don't ask, we speak up to ask if we can share, as we enjoy meeting others during dinner- not a problem.

You may find that you will be seated at a table where others have already ordered, and they may even have their appetizers, but the waiters and other guests all just go with the flow.