"LIVE" from Grandeur of the Seas- Bermuda / Nov 1, 2013

Radio

Hello everyone. . . . I will once again be heading down to Cruise Maryland tomorrow (at the Port of Baltimore) to board the beautiful Grandeur of the Seas for a 7 night sailing to Bermuda.

I recently returned from a 6 night Grandeur / Bermuda trip for Aug/Sept 2013 and I was considering not posting “LIVE” since it is the same ship and itinerary. But then I thought that I really love to post. It is a like a journal to me. . .I can’t remember what I did yesterday. . . or last week. I often go back to re read my “LIVE” posts for schedules, arrival times etc. . .

So I will be posting “LIVE” daily with photos and comments about the public areas, cabins, and beautiful Bermuda. Grandeur will be having an extra Sea Day on the return home, so that will extend our 3rd day (Tuesday) in Bermuda by 6 hours. We will be scheduled to leave at 6PM instead of Noon.

The forecast for sail away is mild (74F), but we may have a few showers in the morning. If it rains I am sure that the sail away festivities will be held inside, but who knows how the weather will be as I have often posted the forecast but have been incorrect. We are scheduled for Sail away at 4PM, and I will be out and about with a hot coffee.

My last sailing with Grandeur of the Seas was wonderful with perfect weather. That “LIVE” post can be viewed HERE.

When I was there last, I wanted to make it over to St. George’s on the East side, but t didn’t work out. I never really have finalized plans for any cruise, but I am thinking maybe heading over to Hamilton, or the Ordnance Island and Pennos Wharf Passenger terminals.

This will be the last sailing for Grandeur to Bermuda for 2013. Grandeur usually shares the Dockyard with another ship throughout the season, but we will be the only ship there for our sailing. Sun Princess will arrive for the day on Wednesday on her last port of call during her Transatlantic cruise to Fort Lauderdale. . .

I will be sailing solo for this trip, but there are many Cruise Critic friends that will be on board for this sailing. I am hoping for a relaxing cruise, and a valid wireless connection, (Keep your fingers crossed). Have a cup of Coffee, relax and welcome aboard !

Radio

Grandeur of the Seas at Cruise Maryland

GR4FA.jpg

Great Gatsby Dining Room

G1.JPG

A view from the (FWD) Promenade Porthole in Bermuda (Sep 2013)

E35.JPG

Grandeur of the Seas Centrum “WOW” in Sep 2013

G6.JPG

The Sea is Calling . . . I need to be recharged . . .

RCISP4.jpg

Our itinerary. . .

BWIBDA.jpg

Edited by Radio

Wow how time flies! Seems you were just on Grandeur. Looking forward to your "LIVE". We were in Bermuda last year at this time on Explorer. We sailed through Sandy. Looks like your weather is going to be much nicer! We did have beautiful weather in Bermuda! Happy sailing!

Mark,

We will be getting on the Grandeur Nov. 8 as you are getting off. Thanks so much for doing this. Your live reviews are very special. One of these days we will be on the same ship at the same time. Until then, we owe you a drink.

Bon Voyage!

I am also looking forward to your next review. We will be sailing her 10 day Eastern Caribbean in December for the first time.

I am wondering about shade in the Solarium. Would you take a look and comment on the availability of shade there? Looking for loungers not just the table and chairs that are usually plentiful on ships. Thanks. I can't soak in the sun!

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by irisheileen