Share Your Best Tips About Serenade

Ukigirl

Saw a similar post for Mariner so thought I’d ask the experts. We’ve cruised mostly Oasis class and few times on Independence, this October we are doing the repositioning 12 day cruise from Boston to Ft Lauderdale on Serenade. We did buy the deluxe drink package and got into the habit of ordering my cappuccino every morning at Promenade Cafe, is there somewhere I can do this? Best bar on the ship?Any cool places to sit during the day to relax and read a book besides the pool and balcony? We did purchase the three night dining package, how’s Izumi? Been seeing negative reviews on Chops and since we aren’t huge meat eaters (don’t judge me!) thinking we’d be better off at Giovanni’s. Any and all tips are appreciated from you veterans!

I like the Viking Crown Lounge or whatever it is called on Serenade to relax. I take a book to read but mostly watch the people on the pool deck. This space is called the Vortex or the Olive or Twist on other ships (I think). Best bar on any ship is probably the Schooner Bar, coffee? I don’t drink it except as a mocha-latte occasionally with lots of milk.

I did the repositioning cruise on Serenade last year. Izumi was great, we hsd dinner there on my birthday. The Safari Club towards the back is an awesome place to read with a great view of the ocean. Great crew and we really enjoyed the energy from the entertainment crew.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Forums mobile app

I just got of the Serenade Baltics/TA on Sept 11. You can get your cappuccino at Lattetudes on Deck 5, right next to the Nextcruise desks.

I purchased the First Night Done Right and ate at Giovanni’s. It was delicious. My friends treated me to Izumi, and I don’t really do fish, but they had Ramen, which I love. It was perfect on a rainy, cold evening.

Others have mentioned quiet places for reading. The Vortex (formerly Viking Crown) is a great place for reading with spectacular views.

I didn’t really use the bars a lot, since I just got drinks at the Diamond and above event nightly. But since you have the Deluxe package, try them all.

Have fun!!

Can you please tell me about the Tutti Salad Bar?:p

Basically, you walk around and select what you want in your salad, types of lettuce and extras, have your dressing added, and then one of the chefs chops the salad for you and transfers to a bowl. Very good!! You can have that just for your lunch, or do the salad bar, and order from the menu as well.

It's been a while since were were on Serenade, but the Chef's Table was one of the best we ever went to. The Sommelier was fantastic and really added to the event. I know he may or may not be on board. But, the room that the Chef's Table is held is beautiful and very intimate and nice. Might be worth checking out if you like that dining experience.

Basically, you walk around and select what you want in your salad, types of lettuce and extras, have your dressing added, and then one of the chefs chops the salad for you and transfers to a bowl. Very good!! You can have that just for your lunch, or do the salad bar, and order from the menu as well.

Thank you! Is this only on sea days lunch?

We just got off the Serenade on Sunday and really enjoyed our trip. Our favorite bar to hit was the Schooner and Randy was the bartender. Incredibly friendly and personable... we got our first drink from him and kept going back because of how great he was.

Cafe Latte-tudes on Deck 5 is where you get your specialty coffee from.

For quiet time, we would use the Safari Club on Deck 6 (just beyond the Schooner Bar) for gaming and whatnot. You can also sit outside of the Windjammer on Deck 11, or in Vortex.

For specialty dining, Chops was our FNDR location, and while it was good, we ended up waiting over an hour after receiving our appetizers to get our entrees. They apparently ran out of steaks and had to go to the butcher room to get more? Still was good, though. We also ate at Giovanni's for my husband's birthday, and we all thought it was the best by far.

Does anyone know if Izumi has food to take out.

We would love to sit on our loungers and have some sushi as a light lunch.

Nadine

Don't know for sure about Serenade, but I've see Izumi take out on other ships. Just go ask.

Just off the Serenade this past Sunday, and I agree that we got our best made drinks (I like martinis) at the Schooner Bar. Also, lobster tails were served in the main dining room on night 6 I think, and they were AWESOME.......sweet and moist and quite large. I was expecting them to be on the dry side.

Saw a similar post for Mariner so thought I’d ask the experts. We’ve cruised mostly Oasis class and few times on Independence, this October we are doing the repositioning 12 day cruise from Boston to Ft Lauderdale on Serenade. We did buy the deluxe drink package and got into the habit of ordering my cappuccino every morning at Promenade Cafe, is there somewhere I can do this? Best bar on the ship?Any cool places to sit during the day to relax and read a book besides the pool and balcony? We did purchase the three night dining package, how’s Izumi? Been seeing negative reviews on Chops and since we aren’t huge meat eaters (don’t judge me!) thinking we’d be better off at Giovanni’s. Any and all tips are appreciated from you veterans!

Following to see all the answers you get, Ukigirl. We are going in December.