need suggestion for long layover at Shanghai PVG

whoshwhosh

I will be arriving PVG Shanghai 5:40am from SIN Singapore (China Eastern) with a 7 hour layover connecting with Delta to DTW Detroit. Since I am an older women traveling alone it will be more comfortable with a stay at an airport hotel, possible with a day rate. I know other airports eg. LHR have private lounges with sleeping/shower rooms available anything like this at PVG?

I am traveling Business Class on Delta and have access to their lounge but don't know if it will be open so early or what it offers and would like a private area.

Your suggestions are welcome.

• 4 weeks later...

I would stay at the airport. It has taken me as long as 2 hours to get through security at PVG and it is a real pain. I believe Delta shares the Air China Lounge which has showers and sleeping areas. There are also Priority Pass Lounges. Check your credit cards as some types give you access. America Express for instance. There is some decent shopping at PVG if you still need a few last minute gifts.

I will be arriving PVG Shanghai .....I am traveling Business Class on Delta and have access to their lounge

No actual Delta Sky Club at PVG.

I I believe Delta shares the Air China Lounge

China Eastern, not Air China. I've never been to this lounge so can't comment on the specific amenities.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/traveling-with-us/airports-and-aircraft/delta-sky-club.html