Tuscan Grille Aust Charge

Rod&Deb

Thanks. We booked the French Rest for the 2nd night of our cruise I wonder if I should book Tuscan Grille or see if there is a special to eat there when we get on board.

Wait till you board as you can 'wheel & deal' a deal. If your happy to go the first night you can sometimes get 2 for 1. You will love Muranos. If you are on an S class do try Silk Harvest they have some great Asian dishes and it is a lot cheaper. Enjoy

Sent from my iPad using Forums

By French restaurant you probably mean Murano (much better choice), so you are cruising on a S-class ship.

Especially on S-class they give you specials on board all the time - ranging from 30% discount to only pay for one.

Only on sea days it is a bit harder to get a real deal.

IMHO Tuscan is not worth the price any more. However, that might be because to us Europeans is seems fake. They call it Italian steak house - and I can´t see real Italian food and no real steak house food in Tuscan. But I do undertand it still has its fans.

We have been to Tuscan Grille before ( and also Aussie). Personally don't think it is worth AUD$60 each. Definately keep an eye out for specials onboard though. We found the sailings out of Sydney were mainly Aussie, and most not willing to pay extra for speciality dining, so there will be promos and specials onboard.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Specialty restaurants usually have lots of discounts on board. Often you’ll find their staff outside the buffet at lunch taking reservations. You can also go to the restaurant during the day to make a reservation—and you’ll also find deals at that time.

As to the quality of Tuscan...we are from Nebraska in the US, and find we can make a better steak at home for less, so we are more apt to try QSine or Silk Harvest. Tuscan isn’t bad, but it isn’t amazing, either.

The view from Tuscan on an S class ship is pretty incredible, though. Just make sure the ship is underway when you go.

he view from Tuscan on an S class ship is pretty incredible, though. Just make sure the ship is underway when you go.

Agreed!!! However, by the time most people go to dinner it´s dark outside... LOL

Just off a HAL ship where most specialty restaurants were less than $25 US. I too find them expensive on X and will only dine there is given at least a 30% discount. My motto is that it never hurts to ask and the worst they can say no and I dine in the Main Dining Room. You'll often see a table outside the buffet, I however have had my best success visiting or calling the specialty restaurant directly.

We got a deal on the Tuscan Grill on the first night. I think it was $25.00 for that night. They had tables set up in front of the Buffet for reservations. We ate there twice. The first night was the best. The restaurant was not crowded and the service great. The food was the best for a specialty restaurant for this cruise line category. Palo on Disney was the best by far. The second visit it was crowded and the food was as good, but the service was thinned out due to the increased tables being filled. I don't know if I would pay $45.00 pp for this, but $25.00 pp was doable. I think adding $200.00 for a meal for 4 on top of the cost of food you paid for in the trip is a little high. Just my opinion. That being said we are not foodies and travel for the itinerary and not for the food.

You pay that for a burger in Sydney don't you and you don't need to tip....?
If you are paying more than Au$20 For a burger, you are definately eating in the wrong place (for a burger) lol. It's not customary to tip in Aus, but sometimes in finer dining people will or just say "keep the change ".

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I personally would not book in advance unless you were celebrating a special occasion and need a particular time. If you do wait until onboard, you may very well get a better price but not the time that you wish.

As for Tuscan Grill, we had a 30% discount and thought it was not worth it with the new menu. We are regulars at the Tuscan Grill but think there are better options. However, if you go around sunset, the view is spectacular.

Thanks all. Yes we are from Australia and sailing out of Sydney on the 20th Oct South Pacific. I will keep the reservation for Murano on the 2nd sea night and see what I can wheel and deal when we get onboard. I hope to meet people in the MDR as we have My Time Dining as well.

We only pay $24 for a good steakburger with the works and chips so not sure where your paying $60 LOL

Agree but if you wait until you are on board, the price will be cheaper..

Thanks for that; I will wait and hope for some nice discount. We've only sailed HAL previously and the price for dinner in the Pinnacle was nowhere near that, and the food was consistently fabulous. I have read so many good things about Murano particularly that I'm really keen on buying a dining package provided the price, as they say, is right. :)

Yes, the best time for the aft view in the S-class Tuscan Grille is the Elite Continental Breakfast!

True! But the Elite breakfast is nothing but a snack to me :)

We never go to Elite breakfast or to Blu because I miss the variety of the buffet.

Breakfast buffets (on ship or land) are a sign of vacation for me - love to pick a little here, a little there.

Breakfast from a menu is not my thing.

We had an excellent lunch there on our last Solstice cruise (last February). US $25pp for three courses. I had one of the best steaks I've ever eaten. Perfectly cooked and with a subtle garlic flavour that I've never been able to duplicate at home.

Definitely wait until you board as there are always deals available.