Thomson Discovery I Junior Suite

Hi looking to book a junior suite for ta crossing Nov 17. Do I go for a side cabin port side or aft. I want a balcony that gets plenty of sun with a lounger tia

the overhang stops at cabins 8042/ 8542 the aft cabins will go quick, and if there are only 2 of you, book a 2 berth cabin as you could be moved if you book a 4 berth cabin

Hi looking to book a junior suite for ta crossing Nov 17. Do I go for a side cabin port side or aft. I want a balcony that gets plenty of sun with a lounger tia

I suggest you book port side from 8044 upwards for the most sun on the outward leg to Barbados. The aft js will be facing north down to Mindelo, then east north east to Barbados whereas the port side will be facing east then south south east.

All js come with a table and 2 chairs and 1 sun. lounger.

Those port side cabins will go quickly. We booked ours several weeks ago and they were limited.

When we booked our JS in March for next Feb they would only allow us to book one of the only two twin cabins at the rear that was from a TA, only a few premium window flight seats left, and when we booked our JS for next Sep, online, again they would only allow us to book a twin but the rears had all gone. We did noticed on the Dream last week a lot of passengers did not receive the cabins they had reserved which was not good, but it was another great cruise.:cool:

the overhang stops at cabins 8042/ 8542 the aft cabins will go quick, and if there are only 2 of you, book a 2 berth cabin as you could be moved if you book a 4 berth cabin

Are 8042/8542 the last WITH the overhang, or the first WITHOUT it?

We've booked 8042 for a Med cruise next month and hadn't even considered the overhang; wondering whether to try to change it? (We're on Discovery2, but assume it's the same on both Discoveries)

Hi now booked cabin 8046 which I've just realised is 4 berth. Don't understand how we can be moved if we have paid to prebook a cabin??

Your cruise is adult only so they won't be holding back cabins for families.

I don't think for one moment they would move you but for peace of mind you could give them a call and discuss it.

I suggest you book port side from 8044 upwards for the most sun on the outward leg to Barbados. The aft js will be facing north down to Mindelo, then east north east to Barbados whereas the port side will be facing east then south south east.

All js come with a table and 2 chairs and 1 sun. lounger.

Those port side cabins will go quickly. We booked ours several weeks ago and they were limited.

You may recall Jake 26 that is were the term POSH came from port out starboard home[emoji3]

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

You may recall Jake 26 that is were the term POSH came from port out starboard home[emoji3]

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

I do remember that. I think it originated from when P&O liners were going east to the Orient, and the upper classes preferred cabins away from the hot sun, as obviously there was no air conditioning.

P&O's old loyalty scheme was called the POSH club but changed to the Peninsular Club probably because it inferred snobbery, as the correct interpretation, which you have said, was forgotten.

• 8 months later...

Hi Ellie, was there any issue with your suite reservation last year? We're booked as 2 in a '4' berth for June 18 so are interested to know if Tui made any changes and also how they reacted when you asked for a 2 berth without overhang should there need to be a change in allocation.

Many thanks!

Hi Ellie, was there any issue with your suite reservation last year? We're booked as 2 in a '4' berth for June 18 so are interested to know if Tui made any changes and also how they reacted when you asked for a 2 berth without overhang should there need to be a change in allocation.

Many thanks!

Hi, When I called TUI there was no issue changing cabin and they didn't charge again. They were very helpful. I actually changed my mind two times.!!

As it happens we have now changed the whole cruise from last November to this April coming back across the atlantic. Again no issues and only £50 charge each. This time I have booked Starboard and without any overhang. Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Many thanks for the response Ellie, that's very helpful. Can you confirm which phone number you used for cruise cabin reservations please?

I called the number on the booking site but got through to one of the shops and it was quite long winded discussing cabin numbers with them as they had to keep checking elsewhere and then phone me back.

Thanks again.

Hi,

I actually can't remember which number I used. I think I actually changed my cabin when I amended the holiday date so I would of used contact number: 0203 4512688

I know to just book a cabin it's 0203 451 2682

Hope this is of some help:)

• 3 months later...

Hi Ellie 17, Thanks for putting the phone number on for marella bookings, Ive just rang them and booked a cabin in the aft section of deck 8 very nice lady, Nothing was to much trouble, Looking forward to november. Dennis

Hi Ellie 17, Thanks for putting the phone number on for marella bookings, Ive just rang them and booked a cabin in the aft section of deck 8 very nice lady, Nothing was to much trouble, Looking forward to november. Dennis

Good morning Denn. Good to see you on here. Guess what, you will be able to tap on the wall in November and ask us to keep the noise down ! ;););). Parrrrtteeeeee!!