Do suite guests still get complimentary bottles of liquor?

ajaxup

We are sailing on the Quest in about a month in a Club Continent Suite. The only other AZ cruise we’ve been on was in 2015 and we received three or four complimentary bottles of alcohol in our cabin. I don’t see where this is listed as a suite perk on the AZ website anymore. Does anyone who has sailed recently know if that perk has been eliminated? We usually made G & T’s and enjoyed them on our balcony before dinner. If it has been eliminated what rules are there about bringing our own bottle or two when we board? Thanks

We are sailing on the Quest in about a month in a Club Continent Suite. The only other AZ cruise we’ve been on was in 2015 and we received three or four complimentary bottles of alcohol in our cabin. I don’t see where this is listed as a suite perk on the AZ website anymore. Does anyone who has sailed recently know if that perk has been eliminated? We usually made G & T’s and enjoyed them on our balcony before dinner. If it has been eliminated what rules are there about bringing our own bottle or two when we board? Thanks

Four half bottles: gin, rum, vodka, and Scotch. Butler will swap if you want more than one of a certain kind.

I got full bottles of everything I drink. You can have two large or four large bottles. Will replace when asked to. They will also leave your favorite mixer in fridge too

They will only replenish mixers daily even in the Owners Suite on Azamara. Other lines may be more generous.

The amount we are given is not an issue, we can always bring a drink up from a bar if we want to drink in our suite.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had Britvic on Quest in September which was OK, currently on Crystal and Fever Tree is available in most bars, we did have Fever Tree ginger beer as well but after Dark and Stormy was cocktail of the day it’s run out now there’s no ginger beer at all [emoji26]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Has anyone been able to trade the bottles of alcohol for wine?

I had read on these boards that it could be done. I like to have a glass of wine while getting ready and sitting on the veranda before dinner. I don't drink spirits very often. Last summer on Journey we asked and were told by our butler that we would have to swap two bottles of the liquor for one bottle of (cheap) wine. I thought that was petty and decided to buy myself a bottle of wine at our first port instead. I mentioned this in my mid-cruise comments as a disappointment and lo and behold a bottle of wine appeared in our cabin. I thought it too bad that they couldn't have just made me happy about it in the first place.

Welcome back Ajaxup!

As marinaro44 says, yes, there will be alcohol in your Club Continent Suite. And you are welcome to bring your favorite onboard as well.

Thanks. I was hoping that was the case. As I remember this used to be listed on your website under suite perks but I didn’t see it recently. Surprised it isn’t advertised as a perk.

We had Britvic on Quest in September which was OK, currently on Crystal and Fever Tree is available in most bars, we did have Fever Tree ginger beer as well but after Dark and Stormy was cocktail of the day it’s run out now there’s no ginger beer at all [emoji26]

Another reason to book a Crystal cruise John. 😄

Hope you are having a good time onboard.

Another reason to book a Crystal cruise John. [emoji1]

Hope you are having a good time onboard.

Quite the contrary we’ve found more reasons not too [emoji57] in fact we have booked another Azamara cruise whilst on board, by email of course, now going on Pursuit’s maiden [emoji3][emoji3]

I had read on these boards that it could be done. I like to have a glass of wine while getting ready and sitting on the veranda before dinner. I don't drink spirits very often. Last summer on Journey we asked and were told by our butler that we would have to swap two bottles of the liquor for one bottle of (cheap) wine. I thought that was petty and decided to buy myself a bottle of wine at our first port instead. I mentioned this in my mid-cruise comments as a disappointment and lo and behold a bottle of wine appeared in our cabin. I thought it too bad that they couldn't have just made me happy about it in the first place.

The same thing happened to us in April on the Quest. We asked repeatedly and our butler told us we'd have to swap two bottles of spirits for one bottle of the "included" wines. We thought that was petty too and ended up not exchanging them. It would be nice if they did something to accommodate us wine drinkers.

The same thing happened to us in April on the Quest. We asked repeatedly and our butler told us we'd have to swap two bottles of spirits for one bottle of the "included" wines. We thought that was petty too and ended up not exchanging them. It would be nice if they did something to accommodate us wine drinkers.

In Feb/Mar last year, we were on a 15/16-day b2b. On each cruise, we swapped the liquor for wine and the butler saw to it that there was always a bottle in the refrigerator. It worked out to about 6 bottles per cruise. My wife did not care a lot for the first one so after she asked, he gave her a sauvignon blanc that had been a daily choice for the duration.

Edited by bob278

In Feb/Mar last year, we were on a 15/16-day b2b. On each cruise, we swapped the liquor for wine and the butler saw to it that there was always a bottle in the refrigerator. It worked out to about 6 bottles per cruise. My wife did not care a lot for the first one so after she asked, he gave her a sauvignon blanc that had been a daily choice for the duration.

Clearly you had a better (more proactive?) butler than we did! Or perhaps you were in a higher level suite (we were only in a CC suite). And as for the previous comment, we did speak to several other people (sommelier in the specialty restaurants, for example) who seemed to think it was strange but did not do anything for us. No big deal, but it would be nice if they changed their policy...