FTTF and Arrival Time Confusion

We purchased FTTF, and I expect arrival times will be available to pick in about 2 weeks.

We are sailing on the Pride. For people who don't have priority boarding, the first time will be 12:30.

I've read on here about those with priority having earlier times they can choose than those without priority, but it wasn't clear if this is at all ports, or always an option. So, d

oes this mean that those with priority will have a 12:00 option for arrival time?

We're not sure if we are parking at the port or if we'll be able to beg a relative for a ride to the port. For Baltimore, I'm thinking of getting to the port a half hour prior to arrival time for parking, and 15 before arrival time for drop offs. Does this sound right?

Thanks.

Thank you' date=' but I'm also trying to figure out what time is the earliest time they'll let us check in. We'd much rather wait at the terminal for boarding to start, than wait to leave for the port. Vacation starts when we leave for the dock![/quote']

I have showed up at1030 before and been onboard by 1130. I wouldn't go any earlier than that.

Do keep in mind that the check-in time at the terminal is NOT the same as the boarding time for the ship. For example, if you have a check-in time of 12:00 p.m., and the boarding time is 1:00 p.m., you'll still have to wait in the terminal until boarding begins. Those with FTTF, or any sort of Priority (Platinum, Diamond, wedding parties) may enter the terminal as soon as it's open. Those without priority will not be allowed to enter the terminal before their chosen check-in time.

Do keep in mind that the check-in time at the terminal is NOT the same as the boarding time for the ship. For example, if you have a check-in time of 12:00 p.m., and the boarding time is 1:00 p.m., you'll still have to wait in the terminal until boarding begins. Those with FTTF, or any sort of Priority (Platinum, Diamond, wedding parties) may enter the terminal as soon as it's open. Those without priority will not be allowed to enter the terminal before their chosen check-in time.

So what time does the Baltimore terminal open?

Remember that passengers will be disembarking early from the previous cruise. If you go to early, you will be fighting traffic and passengers trying to get out of there. I think 10:30-11 is a good time to arrive, to let the port clear out.

Remember that passengers will be disembarking early from the previous cruise. If you go to early, you will be fighting traffic and passengers trying to get out of there. I think 10:30-11 is a good time to arrive, to let the port clear out.

Cruises at Baltimore do not arrive back until between 9 and 10am... Boarding in Baltimore is later then every other port I have cruised at. Normally, boarding will not start in Baltimore until at least 12:30 or later. The parking lot will not open until around 11:30 to allow cars who are parking to come in as previous passengers are not out of the parking spaces yet.

The terminal gates open at 8:30 a.m. for passenger pick-up. All departing passengers have to be off of the ship by 10:00 a.m. To prevent congestion out in front of the terminal, although it may already be open for arriving passengers, it might be best not to arrive much before 10:30.

Thank you' date=' but I'm also trying to figure out what time is the earliest time they'll let us check in. We'd much rather wait at the terminal for boarding to start, than wait to leave for the port. Vacation starts when we leave for the dock![/quote']

I am going on the Pride in February and I am having a hard time figuring out what time to arrive as well. Itinerary states that the ship arrives at 10, my boarding time and I think the earliest is 12:30. So I am thinking of arriving around 11 15 to park and I should be ok. If everything goes according to plan. I sailed the Pride 2 years ago and the ship was late coming in and we were delayed for hours. It took us about 90 minutes to park. I understand you want to get the most out of FTTF. I am taking my nephew and this will be his platinum cruise and he definitely wants to be one of the 1st on, :)

I am going on the Pride in February and I am having a hard time figuring out what time to arrive as well. Itinerary states that the ship arrives at 10, my boarding time and I think the earliest is 12:30. So I am thinking of arriving around 11 15 to park and I should be ok. If everything goes according to plan. I sailed the Pride 2 years ago and the ship was late coming in and we were delayed for hours. It took us about 90 minutes to park. I understand you want to get the most out of FTTF. I am taking my nephew and this will be his platinum cruise and he definitely wants to be one of the 1st on, :)

Are you platinum also? Will you be able to check in, and then board, with the platinum priority?

If you get the chance, it would be great if you could report back here when you arrived, when the terminal opens for priority check in, and when boarding started.

I am going on the Pride in February and I am having a hard time figuring out what time to arrive as well. Itinerary states that the ship arrives at 10, my boarding time and I think the earliest is 12:30.

Ditto here - the arrival time seems late to me, I have sailed out of Baltimore many times on RCI and the ship often arrives much earlier, but this is our first Carnnival experience so I'm not sure if this is a "as late as 10AM" type thing, or a firm actual arrival time.

Either way, that'll drastically change boarding times as it takes at *least* 1.5 hours to get everyone off and AFAIK (at least based on RCI experience) the next cruise passengers can't get ON until after every single passenger from the previous cruise is OFF, and then ship is cleared by customs.

On this topic, can anyone here confirm if suite guests get priority boarding as well?

We are in an Oceanview Suite on Pride out of Baltimore in a few weeks and I've seen conflicting information here about whether or not we get priority boarding or not.

I know the staterooms won't be open super early even if we are onboard early, but I always like to get on as soon as possible to start exploring the ship, and if we can be amongst the first few onboard and maybe grab lunch before the inevitable boarding-day buffet disaster, that'd be a bonus as well. ;)

Are you platinum also? Will you be able to check in' date=' and then board, with the platinum priority?

If you get the chance, it would be great if you could report back here when you arrived, when the terminal opens for priority check in, and when boarding started.[/quote']

Yes I am platinum. I will try and post back after I sail.

Hi

I have learnt though experience that Baltimore can be a special case.

Perhaps just a freak situation, but 2 weeks in a row the ship didn't arrive at dock until after 1.p.m. Be sure to check your email in case they advise you to delay your arrival, because if they do they won't allow anyone into the dock area.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

I have showed up at1030 before and been onboard by 1130. I wouldn't go any earlier than that.

If you drive you definitely can't do that any longer as they won't let you into the parking lot until 1/2 hour before your boarding time. We used to go that early too but now noon is the soonest you can get into the lot to park.

I think I was on that same cruise as you. We had FTTF, but it didn't matter because ALL of us were there waiting for hours. Praying when we sail again in 27 days the ship will come in on time (yn)