UPSALE and OBC

redrn13

We booked a inside on our upcoming Panama Cruise on the Caribbean Princess. We were offered a upsale to a balcony and took it. When we booked the inside they were offering OBC of $200 per cabin for inside and $400 for balcony. The offer was still available when we took the upsale. Do you know if they should of given us the increase in OBC? I want to call, but not if this is not something that is usually given. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance.:D

It can't hurt to ask, but I wouldn't expect it.

When I booked an OV cabin and got a complimentary upgrade to a balcony, I received the OBC associated with the OV--correct in my mind because that's what I'd booked.

You are paying for the upgrade, but I'd guess that since you're paying a reduced rate you won't see the increased OBC.

We sailed with some folks who had booked under the Sip and Sail but didn't have a balcony or higher so they didn't get the perk. They took and upsell to a balcony and told Princess that, because they had booked under the Sip and Sail, they wanted the package included now that they had a room that would have qualified. Princess gave them the package. It never hurts to ask.