Deck chairs

juliet

Will be on the Royal Princess next month. We like to sit somewhere other than near a pool. What deck on the Royal are there deck chairs with shade? Don't mind people walking by or anything. Just want to sit and read looking at the water. Thanks in advance.

Ditto I agree it’s quiet and there’s plenty of shade.

Tony

Only have shade on the Royal's promenade deck if the sun is on the other side of the ship.

With no overhanging ceiling above the lounges, there is no direct shade.

Will be on the Royal Princess next month. We like to sit somewhere other than near a pool. What deck on the Royal are there deck chairs with shade? Don't mind people walking by or anything. Just want to sit and read looking at the water. Thanks in advance.

Promenade deck - there's comfy seating outside Crooner's, wooden padded lounge chairs on the other side, erc.

Aft of the buffet, Lido has buffet seating, couches, chairs, etc - under cover, bar service, handy buffet right inside. Lol.

Lido pool deck has both sides fully under cover with chairs, couches, lounge areas, fairly quiet over bY Seaview Bar (except during flair show)... Up on Sun deck just before the Retreat Pool there's lovely fully shared couches, very quiet almost always empty... Along sides of sun deck towards the Stern, ie above the buffet area, loads of lounge chairs with overhangs and shade, more shade on one side or other depending on angle of sun.

Club 6 has great seating next to the Windows right on deck 6, large windows to sea gaze. The hallway between Princess Live and Wheelhouse has comfy seating with dome large windows for gazing out..

I'm sure you'll find some spot good for you..

Promenade deck - there's comfy seating outside Crooner's, wooden padded lounge chairs on the other side, erc.

Aft of the buffet, Lido has buffet seating, couches, chairs, etc - under cover, bar service, handy buffet right inside. Lol.

Lido pool deck has both sides fully under cover with chairs, couches, lounge areas, fairly quiet over bY Seaview Bar (except during flair show)... Up on Sun deck just before the Retreat Pool there's lovely fully shared couches, very quiet almost always empty... Along sides of sun deck towards the Stern, ie above the buffet area, loads of lounge chairs with overhangs and shade, more shade on one side or other depending on angle of sun.

Club 6 has great seating next to the Windows right on deck 6, large windows to sea gaze. The hallway between Princess Live and Wheelhouse has comfy seating with dome large windows for gazing out..

I'm sure you'll find some spot good for you..

Thank you so much!

I thought the Royal and Regal don't have promenade decks?

Of course they have Promenade decks! They don't go all the way around the ship and also have some "pinchy" areas but there is a Promenade deck.

Like the OP I love to sit and read but don't need to be in the sun by the pool. I love the Grand class ships with the covered pool. I tend to read on the "Conservatory" deck just above the covered pool. Nice and quiet and the pool below isn't nearly as utilized as the open-air pool.

Horizon Terrace on the Lido Deck! The chairs around the Outrigger Bar are comfy and it's shaded but you can also move the chairs out into the sun. And the Outrigger is the specialty Margarita Bar. We had a great balcony but I would come up there to read my book and try out all the margaritas!