Just came back for Havana used Blexie OMG

hertz4319

We had a fantastic time with Blexie. Please be aware he conducts his own tours so he is not available during the day to answer e-mails. Also in Cuba wireless internet is only available in parks. So when he gets home from a tour all day. He goes to the park and answers e-mails. If it is raining he can not go to the park. Please be patient in waiting for a reply from him. Trust me it will be worth the wait. His tour was in the top two for us and we have been on 16 cruises. Thanks Stewart

Your review convinced me to book with Blexie - I'm glad to read such a positive review. How far is it from the terminal to the pickup point? We can walk but not too far which is one of the reasons I like being able to customize the tour.

What was your your favorite part of the tour and what would you consider an appropriate tip? And lastly, is there a separate guide or is the driver and guide one in the same?

Thank you

We have a group of 10 Americans traveling in March 2019, we would like to hire a private tour guide. What is the email for Blexie? We would like to travel in the vintage cars and do the Best of Havana, any information would help us prepare. Can you give me the cost? What were your highlights? Did you pay ahead of time?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Your review convinced me to book with Blexie - I'm glad to read such a positive review. How far is it from the terminal to the pickup point? We can walk but not too far which is one of the reasons I like being able to customize the tour.

What was your your favorite part of the tour and what would you consider an appropriate tip? And lastly, is there a separate guide or is the driver and guide one in the same?

Thank you

Pickup is across the street from terminal , He will do anything you want drive a lot or little . We had Blexie and a driver . On the tip we where with him and the driver for 12 hours so our excursion was more than normal.

We just got back from Cuba. We also used Blexie tours and had Jorge (George) as our guide. Simply Fantastic! Got to meet Blexie as well. Jorge customized our tour for us we didn’t want to walk much. He knew everything about everyplace we went. His English was impeccable. The car was a beauty and luckily for us not a convertible so we had air conditioning and no sunburn. Don’t mess with a tour through the cruise line. Book with Blexie and do what you want.

This is great info. We booked with Blexie next week. Did you have any issues getting off the ship, given that this isn't a cruise-affiliated tour? Also, our tour is from 10-3, and we do not have anything booked for the evening. Any suggestions for a group of 6?

We had lunch but was like one hour or less but also had dinner I would look on line and see what you would like to see and just tell him when you get there.

Here are some of the pictures we took and where we went some things we added as our tour was 10.00 am to 10.00 pm

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CYpGAPhKvZFh8KKb9

Great pictures!

What is the name of the restaurant in the picture before the Tropicana show?

We were on a Blexie tour last week. We were certainly not the first group off the ship so it takes awhile. Even so, Jorge with Blexie tours was across the street. They understand that time is hard to predict. Jorge was relatively unconcerned about actual time. He just wanted to make sure we saw the sights and did what we want. We didn’t bother with a meal. After the Blexie tour we went back to the ship and rested up, had a small meal and then went to the Tropicana show. Fabulous day.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there...we really want to book a private tour for four when we visit Havana Feb 2019. Our cruise ship has implied we cannot get off the ship without booking a ship sponsored tour. What are the Visa logistics? Would appreciate anyone weighing in on this.

Thank you,

Tracy

Its simple the visa they ask you nothing just the 75.00. You have to fill the form the cruise ship gives you in advance or when you board the ship just mark where it says people to people and you will be good to go . You will be surprised they collect it and that is all they seem to do.

Not sure what cruise line you are on we where on Holland . I am sure that someone else that did a private tour on your cruise line just do a search or post .

Great pictures!

What is the name of the restaurant in the picture before the Tropicana show?

We can not remember where Blexie took us BUT if you ask him and say where he took Linda and Steve with the Marlins Cap.

We have a group of 10 Americans traveling in March 2019, we would like to hire a private tour guide. What is the email for Blexie? We would like to travel in the vintage cars and do the Best of Havana, any information would help us prepare. Can you give me the cost? What were your highlights? Did you pay ahead of time?

We're going at around the same time but I decided on a different private tour operator than Blexie (I won't hijack this thread to talk about it). But what I will mention is that the cost is significantly less than the cruise line. Our 6 hour tour is going to run 100 CUC for 2 people.

We had lunch but was like one hour or less but also had dinner I would look on line and see what you would like to see and just tell him when you get there.

Here are some of the pictures we took and where we went some things we added as our tour was 10.00 am to 10.00 pm

Loved the photos! What sites did you tell them you wanted to see?

Thank you for any insights and tour ideas you can give me for our upcoming cruise to Cuba.

Loved the photos! What sites did you tell them you wanted to see?

Thank you for any insights and tour ideas you can give me for our upcoming cruise to Cuba.

We had a few things on the list that he did not have on his list . The synagogues, dinner at a seafood restaurant he suggested it was great , drinks at the Hotel Nacional de Cuba, . We had the tour from 10.00 am til 10.00 pm then he dropped us off at the Tropicana that is why we saw so much . Only thing we did not do is the cannon shot due to timing. He will take you anywhere you want and anything you want to see.

Awesome pictures! Where was the Temple? I was hoping to find one to see, thanks.

Awesome pictures! Where was the Temple? I was hoping to find one to see, thanks.

Beth Shalom Temple

Entre 13 y 15, 259 Calle I, La Habana 10400, Cuba

We went to another one near it but Blexie knew where it was at , Are you using Blexie ?? If so please let me know

Steve