First time to coco cay - ?? Regarding shade

ssbeard1

This is our first time to coco cay. If we were to be the first off the boat where would we need to look for shade? Do they have a tram that takes you to different parts of the island. We currently have a cabana reserved, but was thinking about canceling that. It will be 4 adults with no children involved. Thanks !

We usually head to the beach near the jet ski area. It's a short walk from the tender pier, and has plenty of trees for shade. Or not if any in your group want a bit of sun. We like this area because it's usually not crowded, so its quieter, but still close enough to lunch and bathrooms.

Good to know! Last year I booked a bed for shade reasons, (my dad died from melanoma and I’m more at risk so have to stay out of sun as much as possible) and I didn’t like the beach there. So I’m going to just find a chair with shade..

Does anyone have a map of Coco Cay with the areas identified. We go in 4 weeks, and as I will still be having chemo treatments will need to know where:cool: the shady areas (like previously mentioned) are located.

Thanks to all for any help,

Lori:cool:

Good to know! Last year I booked a bed for shade reasons, (my dad died from melanoma and I’m more at risk so have to stay out of sun as much as possible) and I didn’t like the beach there. So I’m going to just find a chair with shade..

We were on CoCo Cay in February and I asked the same exact question. I have had 2 cases of melanoma, both caught early enough, so when we do go to these islands, we always sit in the shade.

We do not swim or snorkel, so we don't rush off the ship to 'get a good spot'.

Again, I asked that very question about finding shade. . When we did arrive on the island, we walked a bit to the right until we came to areas that weren't very crowded and there were plenty of lounges where you could move them anywhere, specifically under a palm tree for shade.

I was very worried about that, but believe me, no need to fret, even take your time getting off, if that is your pleasure, and you will find shade around the island.

Cheers

Len