Paradise from Tampa- How long does it take to get to the bridge?

LoriAB

Hello all! Taking tha paradise out of Tampa in January. Ship leaves at 4:00 PM. Wondering if I can still make it to dinner at 6 and be able to be on the deck when we go under the Subshine Skyway bridge. TIA :cool:

We do YTD and go at 5:45pm and are definitely at dinner when we go under the bridge, about 2 hours after sail away from the Port. We have sailed on the Paradise 5 times in the past year and it was the same on the Miracle in March. I wouldn't give up dinner to be up on deck when we go under it - the ship is clear of it before you know it.

The answer will depend on weather. We sailed the Paradise in January. There was dense fog that kept us docket till late dusk, impinging on dark.

Frankly, the fog was so thick, I'm not even sure there really was a bridge, and think it's just some made up nonsense that Carnival tells us about to try and steal our money with false adverlolol no, it's there. For reals.

So seriously, plan for 2-2 1/2 hours, but be cognizant of change.

• Haha 1

I sail from Tampa a lot, and always enjoy early dinner. We're almost ALWAYS crossing under the bridge at 6:30 or so. You can rush to the window in the dining room, but it isn't nearly as impressive as being out on deck when you go under the bridge. Looks like you "ain't gonna make it" for sure.

Enjoy.

"SKY"

Have sailed out of Tampa numerous times and at different times of the year.

If sailing during the winter months, the bridge is a beautiful sight to see, at least once, all lit up. We skipped dinner that cruise and ate at the buffet. Yes, it goes by real fast but it's amazing to see just how close the ship comes to underneath the bridge. A little freaky.

IMHO, I think it's a worth while experience to do at least once.