Seattle Hotels

ChildofPisces

Hi all.

Looking for a decent hotel in Seattle that offers shuttle from SEA as well as a possible shuttle to the pier. I know I may have to rely Uber for one of those trips but if there’s a hotel that does both that is decently priced then I would love to know about it.

Other things I would like would be a free breakfast.

I have never been to Seattle before and want to fly in day before my cruise July 2019 and hopefully see a little of the city before we leave the next day to Alaska.

Any suggestions would be great. Looking for moderate price range too. (We usually stay at Hyatt Place but the one is Seattle is roughly 700.00 the night I’m looking at.)

Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
We stayed at the Hampton Inn SeaTac. Free breakfast & shuttle to the light rail. Light rail goes to downtown then a short walk to pier if you don’t have a lot of luggage

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are two cruise terminals in Seattle. Pier 66 (NCL) is right in front of downtown Seattle, and could be considered a "short walk" from the light rail as long as you can manage your luggage.

Pier 91 - Smith Cove Cruise Terminal, is not in downtown Seattle, and is in an industrial area with no nearby hotels. You absolutely could not walk to Pier 91 from the light rail.

I think the Homewood Suites, Downtown Seattle (206 Western Ave W) is closest to Pier 91 (1.5 miles). We stayed there the night before and the night after our cruise this summer. A taxi to/from Pier 91 was less than $10. We easily walked to the Space Needle and Chihuly Gardens (maybe 1/2 mile away) and to/from the Pikes Place Market area (1 mile) plus there are some casual restaurants within a couple of blocks. Actually one - Queen Anne Beerhall - is in the same block and Buckley's on Queen Anne is a block away. The hotel itself was great and modern and includes a hot breakfast buffet and a manager's reception on weeknights (I think - we were there on a Friday and Saturday night). I thought the suites were larger than those of Embassy Suites we have stayed in.

We recently stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Seattle 700 Fifth Ave. North.

It is undergoing some construction right now. You can call to see when it will be done.

Breakfast buffet is included. Staff was wonderful. We took an Uber from the airport to the hotel and a shuttle to the port terminal from the hotel. We cruised on NCL. You book that at the front desk. Even with the construction the hotel was very nice. Staff was helpful and there was a very large, full service grocery store one block away.

Well, it is Ruby Princess next July but the Port of Seattle website does not list the schedule as yet.

OP - a shuttle from SEA, shuttle to the pier, and a free breakfast is A LOT to ask. It is my opinion that you will need to give up at least two of those requirements. Don't base your hotel on a (free) shuttle; you can end up in an undesirable area with nothing around you.

If it is Pier 66, I can recommend the Mediterranean Inn. A cab to the pier was $9.80 before tip and taxis get their own lane, thus expediting your arrival.

https://www.mediterranean-inn.com/

Well, it is Ruby Princess next July but the Port of Seattle website does not list the schedule as yet.

OP - a shuttle from SEA, shuttle to the pier, and a free breakfast is A LOT to ask. It is my opinion that you will need to give up at least two of those requirements. Don't base your hotel on a (free) shuttle; you can end up in an undesirable area with nothing around you.

If it is Pier 66, I can recommend the Mediterranean Inn. A cab to the pier was $9.80 before tip and taxis get their own lane, thus expediting your arrival.

https://www.mediterranean-inn.com/

I just so happen to have looked at that hotel a few times and have a (no-fee cancellable) booking for there. I figured as much on the shuttles. I’m just spoiled going out of Florida for my cruises I think lol! Thanks so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just so happen to have looked at that hotel a few times and have a (no-fee cancellable) booking for there.

Wonderful. I think you will really enjoy it. They have a great rooftop patio where you can go and sit, take your own drinks and food up there, just enjoy the city view. There is not much in the area, though - a few restaurants, drug store, Starbucks, Safeway (where we went out on cruise morning and bought some breakfast items to go).

In the morning the front desk called a cab for us and as I said, it was less than 10 bucks before tip, plus he went in a special lane for taxis only. All other traffic was diverted around and they waited longer than we did. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Choozin Croozin said:

Do you happen to know where the Ovation will be leaving from (in Aug). I haven't booked yet, trying to figure things out.

Royal Caribbean leaves from Pier 91 Smith Cove terminal

• 5 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, JasmineB said:

Do you happen to know which pier the Star Princess will be leaving from in June 2019?

Pier 91 Smith Cove terminal. If this is your first time cruising to Alaska I'd recommend going to Glacier Bay on the Ruby Princess.