NCL Pride of America - Hawaii activities / excursions with kids

rachinn

Hi All,

We're heading off on the 7-day Hawaii cruise in a few weeks.

I'm looking for information and opinions on the best activities or excursions to do with a five year old.

We're planning to book activities privately, and possibly hire cars so we can travel at our own pace.

Your suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,

Rachel

Hi All,

We're heading off on the 7-day Hawaii cruise in a few weeks.

I'm looking for information and opinions on the best activities or excursions to do with a five year old.

We're planning to book activities privately, and possibly hire cars so we can travel at our own pace.

Your suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,

Rachel

Aloha Rachel - You may have the best luck posting on the Hawaii Message Board if you haven't done so already. Many POA passengers (past, present and future) on that Board have been very helpful and sharing with information such as what you need. Have a wonderful cruise!

Welcome to CC. Sounds like you are off to a good start by renting a car and doing things on your own. You can go to Volcanoes Natl Park, Atlantis sub is fun, going to your own luau (e.g. Smiths), getting a convertible and driving up into Napali Coast State Park are all things are kids seemed to like (especially the sub).

We just got back last week and I highly recommend Smith's Family Luau. We booked a tour through Robert's and did a combination of the Luau with a boat ride to the Fern Grotto. There were lots of kids on that excursions and I think they seemed to enjoy it. If they are picky eaters though packs some snacks. I am 4 months pregnant so I am really watching what I eat so I chose to eat simple things like mashed potatoes and all and then when we got back to the ship I got me something at the Cadillac Diner.

We did do the Atlantis Submarine and I think most kids would enjoy that.

I wouldn't suggest doing the Road to Hana. I NEVER get car sick or anything and by the end of that trip I felt I was going to be sick. It just wouldn't be fun for a kid.

Also, on a different note I discovered that most public restrooms at these parks and beaches do not have soap and some even have signs posted "water not suitable for drinking" so I am not sure how they expect you to wash your hands lol. So if you are a stickler for cleanliness pack plenty of wipes and hand sanitizer. It came in handy for me.

We just got back last week and I highly recommend Smith's Family Luau. We booked a tour through Robert's and did a combination of the Luau with a boat ride to the Fern Grotto. There were lots of kids on that excursions and I think they seemed to enjoy it. If they are picky eaters though packs some snacks. I am 4 months pregnant so I am really watching what I eat so I chose to eat simple things like mashed potatoes and all and then when we got back to the ship I got me something at the Cadillac Diner.

We did do the Atlantis Submarine and I think most kids would enjoy that.

I wouldn't suggest doing the Road to Hana. I NEVER get car sick or anything and by the end of that trip I felt I was going to be sick. It just wouldn't be fun for a kid.

Also, on a different note I discovered that most public restrooms at these parks and beaches do not have soap and some even have signs posted "water not suitable for drinking" so I am not sure how they expect you to wash your hands lol. So if you are a stickler for cleanliness pack plenty of wipes and hand sanitizer. It came in handy for me.

Nothing like watching what you eat and getting some good bar food at the Cadillac Diner.

• 1 year later...