8:15pm Dining Time on Valor?

tracymtx

The early production shows are scheduled for the late Dining time, the late production shows are scheduled for the early dining time. Either sitting will miss something.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are late eaters, but now I am wondering if we will miss out on all of the shows. I am a little worried as we don't want to miss out. Should I try to change to earlier seating?

Don't change. Late seating is usually less crowded then early seating. For most evenings on most Carnival ships in the main lounge, those with late seating go to the show at 10 or 1015. It used to be at 1030. Those with early seating see the same exact show at 8 or 815. Once in a while late seating's show is at 7:30.

If you like the trivia contests in the atrium you will definitely miss those, as they are at 9:00.

If it's only the production shows, studio vip, and America rocks, and if a 5day the Ramsey Brothers also (country) that you are concerned with you will be OK as they have the shows at 1015 also.

Though I can't speak specifically towards the show times on the Valor I have cruised enough times with Carnival to know that there are 2 ways that the Entertainment Directors handle the show schedules. No matter which of the 2 ways it is handled the schedule is centered around the set time dining.

1 version is that each dining time sees the main production show AFTER finishing their meal. So early goes to the 7:45/8pm show time, while those with late go to the 10/10:15 showing.

The other version is a little more predominant on ships where the main theater does double duty as the dance club. Since they want time to do the conversion those that are eating at the late seating see their show prior to eating usually about 6:45/7, while those that eat early go after dinner around 8/8:15. There are a few ships at various times, like the Pride, that don't convert the theater that does this so it is up to each different ED to schedule as they see fit.

On the other hand if worried about missing comedy show times, each dinner time will miss a least one seating in the comedy club. Early usually misses 1 of the family friendly shows while late diners tend to miss the first of the adult only shows. But at least on most nights that first adult show is repeated for the last show of the night.

• 4 weeks later...