NCL Star - Greek Isles - Tender Ticket and Upgrade

Yankee123

Hello All,

We are back to NCL after a couple of RCCL sailing and have booked the NCL Star next August for the Greek Isles. Our decision to book this cruise was for the ports more than the ship but we love the Star class ships also as we have sailed on Dawn and Pearl also.

After reading a number of reviews on the website for the Star Greek Isles sailings, I have two quick questions regarding tender tickets and upgrade. It seems that you have to get up at 4:30 AM and wait in line for your tender tickets and hope for an early ticket. We have already planned private excursions for each port and would like to get off early.

Is there a method to getting early ticket’s other than waiting in line? We aren’t in the Haven (wish we were)

Which leads to my next question- I understand you can bid for upgrades on your booking. When can we bid for the upgrade? When will the option show up online for us?

As always to all - thank you for your support.

We are planning on leaving this Sunday from Venice for this cruise. I’ve done a ton of research and unless you are in a Haven room or have an NCL excursion you have to wait on line. Everyone wants to get off early. I’ve read that people get in line an hour before the line opens and they still don’t get an early tender. It’s not good!!

As for the upgrade you will get an email (I think) at 80 days out with your offer. I’ve read that they could let you know up to 3 days before you sail.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Hello All,

We are back to NCL after a couple of RCCL sailing and have booked the NCL Star next August for the Greek Isles. Our decision to book this cruise was for the ports more than the ship but we love the Star class ships also as we have sailed on Dawn and Pearl also.

After reading a number of reviews on the website for the Star Greek Isles sailings, I have two quick questions regarding tender tickets and upgrade. It seems that you have to get up at 4:30 AM and wait in line for your tender tickets and hope for an early ticket. We have already planned private excursions for each port and would like to get off early.

Is there a method to getting early ticket’s other than waiting in line? We aren’t in the Haven (wish we were)

Which leads to my next question- I understand you can bid for upgrades on your booking. When can we bid for the upgrade? When will the option show up online for us?

As always to all - thank you for your support.

Just got off Star on 9/9. We only tendered in two ports. Neither process was ideal. We didn’t get tender tickets for Kotor, and just waited for open tenders (about 90 minutes).

For Santorini, we wanted to get off first so I got to the Bliss lounge distribution area before 7am (distribution scheduled for 8:30). I was 5th in line. The problem arose when they called for tickets 1-3 at the same time- so people who showed up at 8:15 we’re on the tender before us. Not life threatening, just annoying.

The biggest problem was that people do not understand the concept of lines and NCL was little help in that respect.